PDA

View Full Version : speaker rattle

ismelllikepoop
03-02-2005, 06:35 PM
ok so i went through everything that could be causing the rattle in my door, put in some rattle pad, but i finally figured out it is coming from the speaker itself. I got a set of dls ms6's, and on certain songs, the speaker itself kind of hums at certain low frequencies. There apparently is some turbulence coming from the flowport at the back of the magnet area. Is there any way to fix this, or is it a manufacturing defect, or what? It happens to both sides, but one side more than the other.

ismelllikepoop
03-02-2005, 11:00 PM
somebody help me please

DBfan187
03-02-2005, 11:01 PM
Seal the speaker off from the front. The front wave is being cancelled out by the rear wave. Also sounds like it's crossed over too low.

ismelllikepoop
03-02-2005, 11:03 PM
It sounds more like turbulence from the port? or is that what happens when there is cancellation? if i put my finger near the port it goes nuts and makes all kinds of weird *** noises. Also what do you mean seal the speaker off from the front? thx for the reply

squeak9798
03-03-2005, 10:30 AM
You shouldn't be able to hear anything from the rear of the speaker, since it should be completely sealed off from the front of the speaker and subsequently the listening area ;)

You need to get some sound deadener and cover the entire inner metal doorpanel so that the rear wave and rear of the speaker is completely sealed off from the front of the speaker.

ismelllikepoop
03-03-2005, 07:02 PM
even if the rear is sealed off from the front, which it is, you can still hear sound/music of the rear. what im saying is there is some vvvvv noise that is emanating from within the speaker, ie air turbulence from the port.