PDA

View Full Version : 3-Way Component Sets

DMBolt8
03-02-2005, 06:39 PM
Okay I now want a 3-way component set(mid bass, mid range, tweeter). I want to put the mid bass in the doors(will be able to fit 5.25" i think) of my cherokee with lots of sound deadening and and put the midrange and tweeter in kickpanels. I will have all the installation professionally done at shop(because i know i couldnt do all this). I already have an alpine 4 channel amplifier that i will bridge so it will give out 100 watts rms x 2 for the components and i will hook up my rear fill coaxils to the headunit. So what are some suggetstions for a pretty good high quality 3 way component set around 300 bucks that i guess would preferably include a 5.25" midbass(cuz thats what my doors fit) and would be around the 100 watt rms range for my amp? hah I have no clue of where to even start to look. And o yeah i dont have a Sub yet but will be getting one down the road.
thanks

iceteebone
03-02-2005, 07:18 PM
are you sure 6.5's won't fit in your door? my grand cherokee fits 6.5's in the door. what i did was buy some koda 6.5's as a dedicated midbass and banpassed them at about 80-200 hz. next i put a 5.25 component system in some kicks. you could also use a 4" comp system with your 6.5 mids, but i already had the 5.25 system. talk to djdilliodon if you want a set with a passive xover. he has a cdt set that can be had for around $300 shipped. he also has one listed in the classifieds not sure how much he wants though.

DMBolt8
03-02-2005, 08:51 PM
are you sure 6.5's won't fit in your door? my grand cherokee fits 6.5's in the door. what i did was buy some koda 6.5's as a dedicated midbass and banpassed them at about 80-200 hz. next i put a 5.25 component system in some kicks. you could also use a 4" comp system with your 6.5 mids, but i already had the 5.25 system. talk to djdilliodon if you want a set with a passive xover. he has a cdt set that can be had for around $300 shipped. he also has one listed in the classifieds not sure how much he wants though.

I am pretty sure that I can only fit 5.25" woofers in my doors. My dad has also has 95 Jeep GRAND Cherokee like u and i know he can fit 6.5" but I only have the cherokee sport model not the grand cherokee model.
Any speaker suggestions?

iceteebone
03-02-2005, 10:05 PM
I am pretty sure that I can only fit 5.25" woofers in my doors. My dad has also has 95 Jeep GRAND Cherokee like u and i know he can fit 6.5" but I only have the cherokee sport model not the grand cherokee model.
Any speaker suggestions?

cdt has been pretty good to me. hit up djdilliodon on aim. he his an authorized cdt dealer and can put together a 3-way set for you.