PDA

View Full Version : Yes another "which one is better" post MaxFi vs. ID

MSSOKC
03-02-2005, 05:27 PM
Well, I'm facing a dilemma. Right now I have 2 set of drivers that I can use, but can't decide on which ones.

Vehicle: Dodge Ram ex cab
HU: Eclipse 8443 (TA, 13 band PEQ, all the Xovers I need)
Power: 70x4 @ 4 ohm
100x4 @ 2 ohm
Music: I listen to just about everything i.e. Jazz, Country, Rap, all era's of rock, etc.

Option 1: ID CXS52's w/ IDQ8's

Option 2: MaxFi MFDT3NEO 30mm Silk Dome
MaxFi MF130 mid's
MaxFi MF170 (high Q version)

I like the ID's for the fact that it's wrapped up in a nice package and ready to go. It already has the passive xovers with it and it runs at 2 ohm so I can get a little more out of the amp. The 8's fit with no problem, so that's not an issue. The only that's making me so indecisive is that if the MaxFi's sound as much like the Dyn's as they look, that REALLY makes me want to use them. I've always had a hard on for the Dyn's, even if it does mean have a xover built for them. I know it's a snowball's chance, but does anyone have any "REAL WORLD" experience with both these sets and could give me a good comparison? I don't really have the time to install both sets, so that's what has led me to this. Anyone wanna help?

iceteebone
03-02-2005, 05:30 PM
i've had experience with ID mids and they were awful. don't know if that helps you or not.

squeak9798
03-02-2005, 05:38 PM
Since you are so in love with Dyn's, I honestly think you would probably like the Max Fi combo better.