PDA

View Full Version : would this help midbass?

g30ffr3y
03-01-2005, 01:06 PM
if i were to get some new 6x9s and amp them
in the rear fill...

i know rear fill is pointless and yada yada... but would
i get ANY improvement...

my buddy just actually replaced the 6x9s in his eclipse
with 6.5's and they sound great... would i be better off
to get 6.5s for the rear with an amp???

thanks.

squeak9798
03-01-2005, 01:07 PM
You don't want your main midbass coming from behind you. If your front midbass is still weak, then you didn't improve your situation any.

Just bite the bullet, upgrade your damned front speakers and stop worrying about it.

g30ffr3y
03-01-2005, 01:10 PM
You don't want your main midbass coming from behind you. Just bite the bullet and upgrade your **** front speakers and stop worrying about it.

at this point i dont have the courage to take my doors off...
also... the tweets are mounted in my dash as close to the
windshield as humanly possible... i dont even think i can
get them out... also i have no idea how to wire comps...

thats more of a spring time project with some HELP from
someone who knows what they are doing...

to do comps i would basically have to disassemble the entire
front of the car... and i dont wanna mess anything up...

if i were to do the fronts eventually i could always use the
same amp and just not amp the rears anymore...

psycho72
03-01-2005, 01:50 PM
If your only problem is midbass then why not just replace the midbass drivers? All that involves is a few screws, a couple of clips and the lip on which the panel hangs on the door. Replace the driver and use the wireing that is already there.

g30ffr3y
03-01-2005, 02:12 PM
is that really all there is to it? if i just did the doors without
an amp or proper comp set would it even be worth it?

psycho72
03-01-2005, 02:48 PM
No, not worth it. Your 6x9's suggestion would be Mickey Mouse fix #1 and my suggestion would be Mickey Mouse fix #2 and Squeaks suggestion would be the correct fix. Although, you may also want to think about deadening the doors and more securely mounting the woofers. That will help the midbass and should be done before a component upgrade anyways.

g30ffr3y
03-01-2005, 03:27 PM
i think ill just let it be for now then... maybe in the
spring time ill get "creative" and try to do the comps...

JAZN
03-01-2005, 03:33 PM
its not that hard to install comps, just a little intimidated if youre doing it to a newer car and time consuming. its a PITA to run the new wires, but its not like you have to mount the tweet in the stock location. i'm sure u could find somewhere else that would be just as good.

azn121184
03-01-2005, 04:00 PM
sound deadening behind the doors also help with midbass, at least what i've noticed after installing my raamat.

DFW40
03-01-2005, 04:01 PM
Many times depending on the car you can use the existing wires, especially if it has a small amp in the back you can tap into it and go from there or sneak in behind the radio and find the wires there. It can be a big project but not impossible.

jtomsic
03-01-2005, 04:02 PM
if your scared to do your door speakers because of taking your doors off.. get your local dealer to take them off/put them back on... component set is only like $40 installed at most shops too. in all honesty takin the doors off is easy. running wire through the door is a ***** just use a wire clothes hanger :)