PDA

View Full Version : Simplicity

193dBman
02-27-2005, 10:07 PM
I'm currently setting up a system for my mom. I already know what door speakers and bla bla bla i'm gunna put in. But the hard part is HU. I need something that is absolutely user friendly. My mom isnt exactly tech oriented so i need it to be easy to use. I was wondering about the Kenwood EZ-500 HU. Any suggestions for easy to use Hu's with decent eq's is much appreciated. Thnx.

ANeonRider
02-27-2005, 10:08 PM
Older alpine's of a cpl years ago. Same with older pioneers. The new decks coming out are becoming less and less simple.

bri487
02-27-2005, 10:08 PM
eclipse. the most simple of the mainstream decks IMO

2kchevy06civic
02-27-2005, 10:09 PM
if you can find old pioneers like DEH-P2500's and stuff like that, it would probably be really really easy to use.

monte_carlo97
02-27-2005, 10:10 PM
I know it is a bad suggestion. But sony decks tend to be very simple at least the ones i have seen.

monte_carlo97
02-27-2005, 10:12 PM
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4039_147231288,00.html

that is pretty simple

193dBman
02-27-2005, 10:19 PM
I like the look of that pioneer. So low line though, you reckon it would last?

ChuteBoxe515
02-27-2005, 10:20 PM
the have that Pioneer at HH gregg, they seem to last ok...

bri487
02-27-2005, 10:21 PM
the bottom of the line eclipse's build quality exceeds the pioneer's by quite a bit.

193dBman
02-27-2005, 10:24 PM
are there any websites that sell eclipse HU's?? I really wanna get her somethin that be good for a long time, dont reckon i could sheist my mamma

Strecker25
02-27-2005, 10:27 PM
Couple year old JVC's are good, threw one in my dads vette till we can build somthin nice and its been fine

ANeonRider
Eclipse doesn't authorize online dealers, that is why you cannot find any. Can ONLY buy them from legit supported dealers.

monte_carlo97
I like the look of that pioneer. So low line though, you reckon it would last?
i installed one for someone on a budget and it is going strong for six months now adn being exposed to 140+ db's. Pioneer overall builds pretty duable stuff.

193dBman
02-27-2005, 10:42 PM
thnx for all the advice guys, i think i'm gunna go with the pioneer. As long as its easy to use and lasts long, my mom'll like it. Thnx again.

monte_carlo97
02-27-2005, 10:44 PM
thnx for all the advice guys, i think i'm gunna go with the pioneer. As long as its easy to use and lasts long, my mom'll like it. Thnx again.
No problem, glad we were able to help. The pioneer should work great for you since you want to keep things nice and simple. Even some of these factory decks are becoming more advance than some aftermarket h/u's i have seen. For instance our new Envoy has so many functions to the h/u and puts my old pioneer deck to shame.

geolemon
02-27-2005, 11:13 PM
If you are looking for basic "user friendly", and a deck that doesn't include a bunch of tech features that your mom not only wouldn't know how to use, but wouldn't even want to exist... why not leave the stock HU in place, and use a good converter like the PAC-OEM2 (which even has an amp turn on circuit, to provide a remote wire for you) instead? ;)

You can't beat OEM for user-friendliness.
I hate most aftermarket decks for ergonomics.

For aftermarket, the only one I'd suggest would be the Pioneer 7600MP -because it does include features that are worth having (crossovers, MP3 capabilities, etc), as well as having an easy to navigate menu system that is mom-friendly (IF she understands what the menu items ARE.. ;)), and having a very easy to use control panel.

But I bet she'd appreciate the ergonomics of the stock deck - to say nothing of the "there's nothing in this car!" stealth appearance, should security be a concern of hers (and unless she's reckless or doesn't actually use her car to transport herself anywhere... what sane human wouldn't be? ).

Put another way:
What are you trying to accomplish, in replacing her stock head unit?

193dBman
02-27-2005, 11:28 PM
i'm trying to get her something that plays cd's. All she has in her car is a casette player. Stockpiles of cd's to listen to and nothing to listen to them on.

monte_carlo97
02-27-2005, 11:37 PM
i'm trying to get her something that plays cd's. All she has in her car is a casette player. Stockpiles of cd's to listen to and nothing to listen to them on.
Get the good old cassette cd player adapter. You get a walkman cd player that comes witht the cassette adapter then. Now you can go ghetto stlye

Strecker25
02-27-2005, 11:44 PM
No problem, glad we were able to help. The pioneer should work great for you since you want to keep things nice and simple. Even some of these factory decks are becoming more advance than some aftermarket h/u's i have seen. For instance our new Envoy has so many functions to the h/u and puts my old pioneer deck to shame.

ive gotta agree with you there, weve got the in dash 6disc changer, and there is so much **** on that unit that my mom didnt even know was there till me and my dad played with it. the salesman that programmed the thing didnt even mention half of it

193dBman
02-27-2005, 11:49 PM
yea, stuff now a days is a pain in the butt. Like how old people just put all the electronics they get in the attic instead of into use. But i think my mom'll like this pioneer thing. It looks pretty simple to use.

monte_carlo97
02-28-2005, 09:47 AM
ive gotta agree with you there, weve got the in dash 6disc changer, and there is so much **** on that unit that my mom didnt even know was there till me and my dad played with it. the salesman that programmed the thing didnt even mention half of it
Yea we got a 6 disc changer and we don't even know where it is at. At least my parents don't. i really haven't got to mess with it yet.