PDA

View Full Version : mb quart tweeters

bonesninja
02-25-2005, 07:11 PM
ok i hear mostly good things about mb quart so i order a pair of DTE13 Discus Titanium tweets w/crossovers. does anyone have any experience with this particular model or similar ones?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5754512302&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

DJ Jester
02-26-2005, 12:25 AM
I'm not sure if the Discus and the Reference have the same tweeters, but I have the RCE-216 comps in my front doors. I like the titanium tweets. I usually prefer silk, but these are not too bad. They can get the slightest bit too harsh without some attentuation and EQ tweaking.

On the comp set, though, all you have to do is open up the X-over and set the tweeter output at either -2db or -4db and the sound is great....not harsh at all.

If you have an attenuator, set it about -2 or -3db and they should sound fine.

Good luck!

Jester

bonesninja
02-26-2005, 06:17 PM
I'm not sure if the Discus and the Reference have the same tweeters, but I have the RCE-216 comps in my front doors. I like the titanium tweets. I usually prefer silk, but these are not too bad. They can get the slightest bit too harsh without some attentuation and EQ tweaking.

On the comp set, though, all you have to do is open up the X-over and set the tweeter output at either -2db or -4db and the sound is great....not harsh at all.

If you have an attenuator, set it about -2 or -3db and they should sound fine.

Good luck!

Jester
sweet thanx man

rideac1
02-27-2005, 10:29 PM
From what I know, the Discus and Reference tweeters are different, at least different sizes, via mbquart.com I imagine the reference's would be better, but by how much, and I dont think you can get just refrerence tweets.

paikiah
02-28-2005, 03:51 AM
I once installed a discus 4" coaxial in some guy's car. I really didn't like the sound of it.