PDA

View Full Version : Probly a Stupid Question...

NJack2AF
02-24-2005, 06:30 PM
Does it matter where the port faces? Most of the boxes I see have it firing the way the subs are but does it matter if it fires out the back or the side? Also, does there need to be a lot of room in front of the port?

Buckshot
02-24-2005, 08:36 PM
Does it matter where the port faces? Most of the boxes I see have it firing the way the subs are but does it matter if it fires out the back or the side? Also, does there need to be a lot of room in front of the port?

No.No. Enough room to clear, and the port can go wherever it is most conveinent. Providing its the right size of course.

NJack2AF
02-25-2005, 04:09 PM
Cool Cool, thanks. So if I leave an inch or 2 in front of the port open it's cool?

bcarpenterfhl
02-25-2005, 06:09 PM
ummm, i've heard its best to have it on the same side as the sub

req
02-25-2005, 06:17 PM
in a car - its been prooven that its best to have the sub facing the rear, and the port this way as well.

in a SUV - said to be up or rear is best...

hatchback, up\back is cool.

nosaj070
02-25-2005, 06:21 PM
in a car - its been prooven that its best to have the sub facing the rear, and the port this way as well.

True, although that is simply optimal, there is no acoustic/physical reason why it can't go whereever the hell you want it to.

KARLEON
02-27-2005, 08:34 AM

Sup man, just curious who has proven the fact that firing a sub and port rearward is better than any other direction. I ask because, well u know the install im doing. (which is darn near done, thank God) But anytime i asked people and down survey type things, i always seem to hear that firing rearward would be louder but the same or similar results could happen if u fire the forward and seal everything off from the trunk. I have yet to hear someone say firing rearward is best even if u seal off everything. I would really like to know where that came from because i really want this install to sound great

powersupply
02-27-2005, 10:05 AM
I have sealed off a trunk a ported through the armrest, and on another install through the rear deck and it was louder than ports facing to the rear.

KARLEON
02-27-2005, 01:50 PM
well i just hope and pray i get better results firing forward sealed off