PDA

View Full Version : Finally listened to the Aura Tweeters

Raven
02-24-2005, 04:37 PM
Yeah, I bought them how many months ago? Anyhoo, I got some 2.8 khz high pass crossovers so I decided to give them a try.

One sounds nice, one is DOA. =\

flakko
02-24-2005, 09:39 PM
how is the one aura compared to the soundline tweet??

Raven
02-24-2005, 10:14 PM
Hard to say, I had it hooked up for about 6 seconds. Then I tried the dead one and got frustrated.

desertheat
02-24-2005, 11:26 PM
Doa..? Why no email me? I would be happy to replace it. I have sold hundreds so 1 doa is possible. Not sure what happened though, all are tested before shipping.

Berry47
02-24-2005, 11:55 PM
I must say that the aura tweets brought a new life to cymbols and higher end guitar I was missing with my cdt's.

Raven
02-25-2005, 12:39 PM
DesertHeat: Well, I had not been able to test them for a month, I figured if I'm not willing to test them in that amount of time, it's my own d@mn problem. I'll test it more thouroughly and if it really is blown, and not something stupid like a loose wire, I'll contact you.

headknocker
02-25-2005, 12:47 PM
Yeah, those Aura silk dome tweets are outstanding. They're bright and airy but certainly not shrill or brittle. I knew the moment I heard them in Aura's booth at Fuse '98(in Atlantic City) that they were just what I had been looking for. Many people(particularily the younger guys) aren't familiar with Aura but their gear was top-notch...a sleeper in this industry.

Aura is still around but the original company was bought by another outfit. For some reason the new company seems to concentrate their efforts on high-end subs and they've kinda forgotten about the reputation of Aura's legendary Mobile Reference comp sets. Their subs look nasty but they're too rich for my blood :crap:

Here's the link to the "new" Aura..

www.aurasound.com

adam71
02-26-2005, 02:40 AM
I'm looking for some new tweeters. What size are those tweeters?? Are they smoothe?? How much power can they handle.??

Raven
02-26-2005, 10:27 PM
The tweeters are very smooth. Aura makes good ****, to be blunt. Power handling.. well, does it matter for a tweeter that's already probably 104 db efficient? I'd say attach them to your crossover and don't worry about the power handling.

desertheat
02-27-2005, 11:34 PM
Well man if it was doa or anything hit me up and I will shoot a new one right out to ya!

Raven
03-01-2005, 09:53 PM
Sorry about the wait!

http://digicam.epicrevival.net/auratweet.jpg

That's DC resistance showing 1 (open circuit)

Yes, she's dead. =( Want her back?

adam71
03-01-2005, 11:03 PM
The tweeters are very smooth. Aura makes good ****, to be blunt. Power handling.. well, does it matter for a tweeter that's already probably 104 db efficient? I'd say attach them to your crossover and don't worry about the power handling.

Ok, I understand they're efficient and smoothe. But I need to know a few more things if you don't mind.

1. What size are they??

2. How much $$$$$ do they run for??

3. How do I go about acquiring a pair of these??

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. :cool: :) :cool:

Raven
03-01-2005, 11:16 PM
1: 1.75", or 6.5" including the mount. 4 ohm impedance, 4.1 ohm DC resistance (measure of the good one)

2: Desertheat is selling them, about $20 a pair. You will NOT find a better price

3. Contact DesertHeat (User above my previous post in this thread)

desertheat
03-02-2005, 11:55 PM
Sorry about the wait!

http://digicam.epicrevival.net/auratweet.jpg

That's DC resistance showing 1 (open circuit)

Yes, she's dead. =( Want her back?

Yeah! Shoot her back to me, I want to cut her open and find out what the issue was. I will send ya a new one right out to when I receive it!

Raven
03-03-2005, 09:43 AM
PM me with an address, I'll try to send it out today.