PDA

View Full Version : what color

tj'sProbe
02-23-2005, 01:36 PM
does anyone know what color the wire would be on my stock 1995 bonneville deck the remote turn on wire would be. Could someone give me some input.

tRiGgEr
02-23-2005, 01:40 PM
You can do a search for a wiring diagram on google. Or run to autozone for the vehicle repair guide, It should have the diagram.

Does the stock HU even have a remote turn on? None of my HU's had it.

tj'sProbe
02-23-2005, 01:44 PM
i have a power anteana and other people are using there stock units with aftermarket amps. If there isnt one then where do i go from there.

Vestax
02-23-2005, 02:11 PM
Use the ignition/accessory lead as the turn on lead for your amps. Get yourself a digital multimeter and test the wires that are connected to your head unit. The ignition will show ground when the key is to off, and shows 12 volt when you turn the key to on/accessory.

SMOKEY
02-23-2005, 02:12 PM
That Ride Does Not Have A Stock Trigger In The Harness. Just Use The Remote From The Deck And It Will Still Turn On Your Amps.

tj'sProbe
02-23-2005, 02:12 PM
ok thank you

Vestax
02-23-2005, 02:46 PM
That Ride Does Not Have A Stock Trigger In The Harness. Just Use The Remote From The Deck And It Will Still Turn On Your Amps.

Can you elaborate more on what you just said? It doesn't make any sense. What is a "stock trigger"? He has a stock head unit, it doesn't have a remote turn on lead therefore, he's trying to get an alternate solution for it.

Vestax
02-23-2005, 02:46 PM
ok thank you

You can also probably use the power side of the cig adaptor to turn on your amps as well.

If worse comes to worst, you can make a switch to turn on your amps.

SMOKEY
02-23-2005, 03:06 PM
Can you elaborate more on what you just said? It doesn't make any sense. What is a "stock trigger"? He has a stock head unit, it doesn't have a remote turn on lead therefore, he's trying to get an alternate solution for it.

oops, sorry i was only half awake so i thought he was using an aftermarket. Steel power from the fuse panel and run the remote off it. Works for me.