PDA

View Full Version : where do i find resin?

soundstreamer
02-22-2005, 10:22 PM
my small town has a new home depot and lowe's. i fear the staffs aren't very knowledgable about the items they carry and would like to walk in and be self-dependant while looking for items even though i'm not familiar with the stores(i can never find help when i need it anyhow). i was wondering, what section do i find resin in? should i be looking for a particular type/brand/size?
there is also an ace hardware and doitbest in town but they are smaller stores and never seem to have what i'm looking for. lowes is the only place in town that carries mdf so i'd prefer to go there first anyhow.

req
02-22-2005, 10:31 PM
a leaky pine tree is a good place to find resin :)

lol. all joking aside. a mariene boat store usually will sell stuff like that. and ace does not have any fiberglassing materials :)

soundstreamer
02-22-2005, 10:38 PM
geesh. i never thought of looking at a boat store. thank you

bcarpenterfhl
02-22-2005, 10:42 PM
kragen as well, cheaper than home depot i think. home depot's fiberglass stuff is all in the paint section.

JAZN
02-22-2005, 11:02 PM
as aforementioned, its in the paint section at home depot. the only brand i could find was bondo, it kinda looks like a metal gas tank with a plastic cap. its a yellowish colored container. took me a while to find it cuz i didnt bother asking. half the people there dont know where stuff is. it wasnt in the first set of rows, but in the back set.

Naxis2k1
02-22-2005, 11:06 PM
my small town has a new home depot and lowe's. i fear the staffs aren't very knowledgable about the items they carry and would like to walk in and be self-dependant while looking for items even though i'm not familiar with the stores(i can never find help when i need it anyhow). i was wondering, what section do i find resin in? should i be looking for a particular type/brand/size?
there is also an ace hardware and doitbest in town but they are smaller stores and never seem to have what i'm looking for. lowes is the only place in town that carries mdf so i'd prefer to go there first anyhow.

dont waste your money on buying the 1 quart of resin(depending on project) always buy the gallon. saves money in the long run. also pick up a extra tube of hardener. i really wouldnt worry to much about brand as long as it get the f-ing job done. i use bondo fiberglass, but u could probaly find somthing chaper.

Buckshot
02-22-2005, 11:36 PM
http://www.aseclub.net/gallery/albums/album363/DSC01422.jpg

^ The top of the resin thing fresh today. There is a big one and a small ione in that box. Get the big one. BTW you don't need hardener, It comes with it! :yumyum: