PDA

View Full Version : audiobahn comps

brandontw
02-22-2005, 07:02 PM
i was just surfn in the bay(ebay) and saw these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32819&item=5752719269&rd=1

im just curious, dont flame me to hard!! has anybody used these? how do they sound? im just wondering how 3-way comps work out, i thought they might be fun to fill the doors of a jeep cherokee, lots of space to work with there!!

brandontw
02-22-2005, 07:06 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32819&item=5752399902&rd=1 theres these too but they are a pretty penny!!

UndercoverPunk
02-22-2005, 10:01 PM
I used to have audiobahn comps, they blow, don't get them.

squeak9798
02-23-2005, 09:36 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32819&item=5752399902&rd=1 theres these too but they are a pretty penny!!

But they are 100 times better than Audiobahn. So, when you think about it, only double the price is actually a really good deal ;)

c0la
02-23-2005, 10:17 AM
That model number is a couple years old. I think two years ago they came out with the abc6003T series.

My hearing must be horrible or something. Because I dont think any of my equipment sounds as bad as everyone puts off. My highs are amped though so maybe that helps a little.

There's only one review but http://www.cardomain.com/item/ABNABC6003Q . Maybe it'll help.
I like my set but I did go through the first set because the x-over blew. Also mine are the lower model. It's your call in the end

z400central
02-23-2005, 12:11 PM
That model number is a couple years old. I think two years ago they came out with the abc6003T series.

My hearing must be horrible or something. Because I dont think any of my equipment sounds as bad as everyone puts off. My highs are amped though so maybe that helps a little.

There's only one review but http://www.cardomain.com/item/ABNABC6003Q . Maybe it'll help.
I like my set but I did go through the first set because the x-over blew. Also mine are the lower model. It's your call in the end

It's because you haven't heard anything better....

UndercoverPunk
02-23-2005, 12:16 PM

X2 that's how it was for me. And I've still got a long way to go...

c0la
02-23-2005, 12:36 PM

Nowhere did I state they were top of the line SQ. They do sound good though. **** everyones got to be asses

squeak9798
02-23-2005, 12:50 PM
Nowhere did I state they were top of the line SQ. They do sound good though. **** everyones got to be asses

I don't think he was being an ***.....it was quite a fair question. Someone may think something performs fairly well simply because they've got limited experience and yet to experience something much with better performance. It wasn't a personal attack saying you don't know anything.

Anyways....sound quality isn't always the only reason not to recommend something.......

but I did go through the first set because the x-over blew

UndercoverPunk
02-23-2005, 12:52 PM
Anyways....sound quality isn't always the only reason not to recommend something.......

The VCs on mine started rubbing in less than a year, as did the VCs on my top end Audiobahn 6X9s...

c0la
02-23-2005, 12:54 PM
I'm not trying to get in a arguement. That is why I wrote that one went bad. So that Brandontw knew that I did have a problem with them but I've had the second pair hooked up for over 6 mo. now with no problems.

The VCs on mine started rubbing in less than a year, as did the VCs on my top end Audiobahn 6X9s...

Hopefully that wont happen to me in a yr.

Berry47
02-23-2005, 02:24 PM
I love basking in the glory of audiobahn.

brandontw
03-01-2005, 08:05 PM
hey guys sorry to bring this back to life or whatever, but i posted it then went on a ski trip for a week, so....

anyway you guys kinda missed the point... i know audiobahn isnt the best, but i was just using them as an example of 3-way comps, say if you compared those bahn 3-ways to another pair of bahn's, about the same level but 2-way, what might the difference be? is there advantages? disadvantages?

or if you simply cant stand the idea of the audiobahn's compare those JL XR 3-way's to the XR 2-way comps i hope you get the point :)

squeak9798
03-01-2005, 08:07 PM
READ THE STICKY IN THIS SECTION

brandontw
03-01-2005, 08:08 PM
oh and by the way, i have some "high end" audiobahn 5x7 plates (45$) for rear fill right now, and they sound pretty decent, i have been using them for a year, and they worked where my high dollar mbquarts didnt so im not totally adverse to tha bahns.

they are keeping my system alive right now, cause one of my front comps quit
, and the other one sounds weird (ive been to lazy to diagnose the problem...lots of school work.)

brandontw
03-01-2005, 08:15 PM
READ THE STICKY IN THIS SECTION

HOLY crap?!?! i didnt even know there was a sticky :( well thanks, there is some good info in there, i guess im just looking for personal expereince then