PDA

View Full Version : Anyone build boxes near Detroit?

Pistonsfan70
02-22-2005, 03:58 PM
I paid $200 to get a custom built box for my Audiobahn Alum12q (dont flame them!!!) The guys at the shop told me ported was the way to go.... Over a month later I just looked at the Audiobahn website, my subs were designed for SEALED boxes, not ported. Ported got 3 out of 5 while Sealed got 3 out of 5... I do not want to pay another $200 for a box so I was hopin someone locally would take on the job (and get compensated for it of course) I want to get the most out of my subs and I'd prefer a cleaner, tighter bass anyways. I guess that's what I get for going into an audio shop not knowin my stuff!!

InhumanAcura
02-22-2005, 04:08 PM
I can build you one..i just shipped a box to michigan last week

I know the 03 alums do well in a ported box. the site recommends 3 different boxes for em, Im actuall building a ported box for 2 of them right now

superxplorer
02-22-2005, 04:16 PM
i live in sterling heights. check out the box i just built in my sig see if u like or not.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/781761

Buckshot
02-22-2005, 04:29 PM
Right on. If you give me specs, I live in the white lake area. Depending on the finish you would like - If any atall, if you pay for materials Ill build you one for $25+materials. (unfinished) Finished we would have to negotiate a price on.

Pistonsfan70
02-22-2005, 05:46 PM
Well I have a ported box as of now... the site recommends a sealed box for them.. would it be a big difference?? I am on AOL @ pistonsfan70.. IM ME both of you please