PDA

View Full Version : inifnity kappa 60.5cs

acura2005
02-22-2005, 02:34 AM
Hi guys!

I m new to all car audio thing and just want to upgrade my acura RL sound system from factory to custom. i have been looking at inifinity Kappa 60.5cs components for front and infinity refrence 6002i 6.5" for rear door. i don't know yet which Amplifier to look for because i am a bit confuse about RMS ratings of these to speakers kappas are 90 watt RMS and Refrence are 60 RMS. Would they be fine if powered with 70 watt rms menwood amp?
i don't want to add a sub. would inifinity speakers satisfy me with enough bass? and what amplifier should i use ? i looked at KENWOOD KAC 8452 which is 4x70 watt rms max (800 watt) amp
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14874
if you guys have any other suggestions plz mention. Any other speakers? specificly amp? kicker, mtx ?

elduderino
02-22-2005, 03:03 AM
OK, you asked.

You seem to be knee-jerking into purchases of mid-fi parts. Here's what would work better for you:

1) Decide what your budget is.
2) Decide what is most important to you. How a particular song sounds, or album? Do you have a friend's car you want to sound like? Or do you actually play in a band or dj and want to sound real?
3) Understand that most of what is printed on a box or in a catalog about gear really doesn't help you, especially about speakers. RMS speaker ratings are about useless, and so is everything else on a speaker carton.

I got suggestions out the wazoo... good ones, too... but they aren't good for YOU until there's a bit more info.

ismelllikepoop
02-22-2005, 10:19 AM
I have a used set of the kappas that i'll let go cheap

acura2005
02-22-2005, 09:40 PM
i already have i guess good factory speakers probably (alpine) thats what acura puts as standard. I listen to Trance to Classical and want to ge a clear sound at high volume meaning not distorting. I know i wont run into a competition but want to sound better than the bose in my bros Merecedes. my budget goes around $500. it could vary as well but not too much or less. If i end up getting a sub than i don't think i need 2 rear door speakers.