PDA

View Full Version : camaro subthump.com box

fre$h
02-21-2005, 11:13 PM
I just bought a 96 z28 camaro, and I'm definetaly wanting to put a system in there. But space in my camaro is the biggest issue. I've seen boxes for the camaro that take up the whole hatch area, and that is not what I'm looking for. However I found these box on subthump.com and they looked pretty good. I just want some opinions on this box and I have some questions about it.

http://www.subthump.com/acamarostealth.htm

The passenger side box has .7^3 My question is what kind of sub do you think would perform best in this box. I want my system to slam, but I know that it's going to be tough with this small of a box. I'm liking the Type-R's. I just want some more opinions on what kind of sub would slam in this box.

Whenever I get the sub, then I'll purchase the amp accordingly.

Open to new ideas, thanks,
fresh

iamamp3pimp
02-21-2005, 11:27 PM
i have a JL audio 10w0 with a JL custom stealthbox (better than the one that is shown on that site) that was installed in a 2001 Camaro. same body style as yours on the inside. i like the way it sounded, but its just not enough bass for me, so i went with a single 12 SE in a 1.6ft^3 sealed box that i made

Buckshot
02-22-2005, 12:13 AM
My buddies got a 96' and he bought a regular box off ebay, I slapped it in there on top of the gas tank for him. BARELY clears the window, but it sounds pretty good.

fre$h
02-22-2005, 12:52 AM
What does everyone think about that box off of subthump.com though?
Even it being .7^3, would it still slam? Lets say with a Type-R in there?

iamamp3pimp
02-22-2005, 08:23 PM
it wont slam, but it will sound decent. the jl stealthbox will sound much better though. YGPM