PDA

View Full Version : Down to two choices now!

Stangs400
02-21-2005, 06:52 PM
Ok guys, I have narrowed my choices down to two, after thorogh researching and talkin to numerous members here!! Thanks to all you who have answerd my questions. The speakers- CDT ef61cfi, or Rainbow Soundline(lastyears model) Both are brand new. im gett a good deal on both, except the soundlines cost 55 dollars more... I will using a XTA600.2 amp which is 150rms@4ohms. They are going in the doors of my BMW and the tweeters will be mounted about a foot away from the mids, the mids are in the lower front portion of the door. I will be sound deadening the crap out the the doors also! HELP MEEEEE QUICK!!!!!

Norcalracer283
02-21-2005, 07:04 PM
I can only say that i like CDT's and think they sound great. Havent heard the others, but, i can say that CDT's will make you happy

Bigrick31
02-21-2005, 07:09 PM
i liked my cdts as well

Stangs400
02-21-2005, 08:37 PM
my dad has the EF-61s and i just dont think they get that loud, mind it he only has like 60 or 80 watts runnin to them from a MA amp...maybe that is the problem and the fact his doors are not sealed or deadend...?

3.5Max6spd
02-21-2005, 08:52 PM
u know where i stand:)

I'd go for the set people have competed and done well with...more exclusive as well

Stangs400
02-21-2005, 10:26 PM
ya i know max6spd...thanks for your input also!! I think the main idea is you get what you pay for and seems that the more money you spend the better you get...

flakko
02-21-2005, 11:53 PM
iva got some soundlines and waitin to install them. ill let u know how they sound when i do.

Stangs400
02-22-2005, 08:09 AM
thanks flakko! I guess rainbows arnt that few and far between on here...well then again compared to cdt i guess they are...i just listened to my dad and it seems they just dont get that loud....will the soundlines handle the 150watts ill be sending them?

3.5Max6spd
02-22-2005, 03:05 PM
thanks flakko! I guess rainbows arnt that few and far between on here...well then again compared to cdt i guess they are...i just listened to my dad and it seems they just dont get that loud....will the soundlines handle the 150watts ill be sending them?

hey man when I joined this board last year I was the only one that even spoke of the name (Rainbow) and had actual experience with their lines- Caraudio choices are so DEEP these days its nearly impossible to have the masses be familiar with high end companies- Now days the name pops up here or there, and a few since have tried SLC's- people around my way are loving them

And yes they'll take 150rms per side amp -dont know why so many are afraid to put some power to their speakers- just adjust gains accordingly

Stangs400
02-22-2005, 05:51 PM
Well i took the plunge!! I got me some Rainbow Soundlines!!! Im really excited with my purchase...just waiting paypal to clear...Ive heard of rainbows well hmm prolly 8 years ago or so and ive kinda been into home audio and i know they put tons of money into R&D so...They just seem more of a solid company than CDT! I cant wait to get these b1tches in!!! I got 60 sqft of edead for my front doors!! lol is that enough? i hope so!!! lol well I want to thank everyone for there support and helpin me make my decision!!!

3.5Max6spd
02-22-2005, 06:50 PM
Well i took the plunge!! I got me some Rainbow Soundlines!!! Im really excited with my purchase...just waiting paypal to clear...Ive heard of rainbows well hmm prolly 8 years ago or so and ive kinda been into home audio and i know they put tons of money into R&D so...They just seem more of a solid company than CDT! I cant wait to get these b1tches in!!! I got 60 sqft of edead for my front doors!! lol is that enough? i hope so!!! lol well I want to thank everyone for there support and helpin me make my decision!!!

you'll enjoy the dynamic headroom, set you gains by ear:D
People I know are running 50-70rms and are loving them, 100+ they REALLY sing and midbass shines- your fronstage is gonna rock!!Hope your sub keeps up;)
you now got some German hifi comps for you bimmer! how adequate

Review and pics please in the near future...