PDA

View Full Version : box help

twisted_clown02
02-21-2005, 01:50 PM
what kind of box would be good for 2 RE sx 12" subs i want something that hits hard and sounds good i listen to alot of music from RAP to rock to heavy metal stuff like ICP, Korn, slayer, smile empty soul, staind, stuff like that i want a hard hit tho if i listen to rap but i donno any ideas would be good i was just looking at a mono box that is open chamberd and has no ports but i didnt know if that would be good or not cause im running a mono amp to the subs a viper 1200.1 so any ides or boxes to look at or measures ported or non ported the only box i dont like bandpass and will not get one but i will do sealed or sealed and ported mono or none cause i might get 2 vipers one for each sub but any ideas or anything please help open for ideas or websites on building a box or buying a built box size dont really matter to much its gonna be in the back of a 2000 blazer but soon it may be in a 1996 eclipse so anything would be good but thanks for anyones help or ideas.

80INCHES
02-21-2005, 08:05 PM
imo...i think bandpass boxes are good for rap...i can design one 4 u..thats my special-t...

BCONNELLY
02-21-2005, 08:24 PM
If you want tight, hard-hitting bass, go with a sealed box. I mostly listen to rock and roll and just finished building a sealed box for my 2 perfect 12" infinity's. It hits HARD. I've had a band-pass box for years. Yea, they go low, but all in all. Sealed will hit harder, and has better SQ.

Go for it !!!

DBfan187
02-21-2005, 08:26 PM
port it and tune low;)