PDA

View Full Version : Good speakers for Mazda RX-8?

HardHitter
02-20-2005, 08:54 PM
I just picked up a Mazda RX-8 and I love the car, only downfall is that I had to get it with Bose. I'm selling all my stuff that was in my Blazer (Pioneer DEH-P860MP, BEtter Audio 1600M1, and JL 12W7) but I think I'm going to keep my Kicker Resolutions and US Acoustic USX2080 (~80-100Wx2@4ohm) but I might sell them too to pickup some good speakers. What do you think would be nice in the RX-8. Probably not going to add a sub into the car, but if I do, it'd probably be 8's, but would you keep my Kicker Resolutions and USX amp or sell them and get something new?

jimmyslide
02-20-2005, 10:27 PM
Do the kickers fit properly? If so, were you happy with them before? If the answer to both of these questions was yes...then keep them. If the answer was no, then sell them and get another set. Components? coaxials? Need more info.

As for the amp, I would keep it, but it all depends on if you require more power or not. If you get new speakers that have a higher RMS and you wish to upgrade the amp for one that puts out more power, then great. If it ain't broke don't fix it, and by this I mean, if they fit and you were happy with them before, why change??

Shawn...

HardHitter
02-20-2005, 10:48 PM
What I'm really looking to do is just really get great SQ in the 8, meaning I'm looking for some pretty high quality speakers (components) to really bring out the vocals/instruments while having sufficient bass without having to add subs.

jimmyslide
02-21-2005, 01:10 AM
Ah, I see, even if you have to, a single * inch sub would be effective as hell. But if you choose, look towards Focal, Morel, Diamond, etc...lots of great speakers out there, just have to follow you wallet and ears. And personally, I would take the Focals, always been a huge supporter of the Utopias. But really, their whole line rocks.