PDA

View Full Version : Huge problem with my Kenwood Exceleon X-869 head unit

army1079th
02-20-2005, 04:52 PM
Recently it started giving me these weird errors and whenever I would play a normal CD, it would give me a lot of static and interference. Most of the errors I got were "TOC Error" and "E-05" The TOC error is for the disc being dirty, etc. but it would do this on brand new CDs and burned CDs. The E-05 error I got for a CD-RW disc and that error is for a disc being upside down, which is why I think something is wrong. It does this all the time and I can't listen to almost of my CDs because of this. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or something along the line of it and could help me out. I'm at the point where I'm gonna get a new head unit.

fathom 7411
02-21-2005, 07:51 AM
The lens might be dirty as well i had the same problem on a older head unit i used to have and i actually took it to best buy and had them clean and realign the lens i think it was like 30 bucks and never had the problems again. everything played perfect no errors again. in my opinion its better to fork over 30 bucks and know its just a dirty lens than buy a new deck. just my opinion.