PDA

View Full Version : Seas 27TDFC

paikiah
02-20-2005, 10:19 AM
Anyone have experience with these tweeters? I just bought them online cause they seem to have a lot of good reviews in the local market. Would like to hear what others have to say about it.

Hope it'll be a good match for the XXX mids.

squeak9798
02-20-2005, 11:27 PM
No personal experience.......but I too have heard good things about them from very experienced individuals.

paikiah
02-21-2005, 12:04 AM
Yeah, but THEY would know what to do with the passives whilst I am shooting for trial and error..:(

Oh, and is it true that tweets with ferrofluid don't need a zobel? I found this fact a bit suspicious, but I read it from a couple of places on the net.

And I really can't fit them on the kickpanels. Just went to the local audio forums and read up on SQ competitors that use the same car as I am driving now. Said kickpanel mounting on this car was ludicrous.

I guess I have no choice BUT to install them on the pillars..:(

squeak9798
02-21-2005, 09:11 AM
Oh, and is it true that tweets with ferrofluid don't need a zobel? I found this fact a bit suspicious, but I read it from a couple of places on the net.

Hmmmm.....I honestly don't know. The only thing I can think of, is that the ferrofluid keeps the VC cooler, which decreases impedence rise. I doubt it would totally negate any benefit of a zobel, but I'm sure it does help decrease imp rise some.

I guess I have no choice BUT to install them on the pillars..:(

Such is life.....work with what ya got :)

paikiah
02-21-2005, 09:28 AM
and to think I only bought the zobel parts for the xxx mids.. darn it!

oh well, time to go via trial and error..yet again.

Finleyville
02-21-2005, 04:56 PM
Where did you get them and how much? I am looking at those tweets too. Please let me know how the install goes and how they sound!

paikiah
02-21-2005, 10:05 PM
I got them locally. You don't want to know how much... I pay more than double of what you guys can get from madisound or partsexpress.

They'll be coming in within 2~3 hours time.

DDDD
02-21-2005, 11:59 PM
is it true that tweets with ferrofluid don't need a zobel?

Ferrofluid is supposed to mechanically damp out the resonance in the tweeters. So instead of doing it electronically (with a zobel) it does it automatically by mechanical means.

paikiah
02-22-2005, 12:14 AM
ic ic...

woohoo! I JUST got the tweets in, like 2 minutes ago!. SIlly for the company to send them in a huge box, only to find these two boxes in there.

Naxis2k1
02-22-2005, 10:12 PM
ic ic...

woohoo! I JUST got the tweets in, like 2 minutes ago!. SIlly for the company to send them in a huge box, only to find these two boxes in there.

POST PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

paikiah
02-23-2005, 02:57 AM
I only have a handphone camera at this moment, so bear with me.

pics of the seas tweet as well as some of the things I'll be using to install the XXX mids. Chrome grilles and angled spacers.

paikiah
02-23-2005, 03:00 AM
Custom passives. (I should've painted the PCB beforehand to make them look less dull). I tired them today, and they aren't too bad. Gonna try swapping out some parts to see if other frequencies suit the system better.

The XXX's have a zobel network on them, but i might take them out, depending on how the mids will sound with/without one.

Naxis2k1
02-23-2005, 03:47 AM
I only have a handphone camera at this moment, so bear with me.

pics of the seas tweet as well as some of the things I'll be using to install the XXX mids. Chrome grilles and angled spacers.

wow sweet tweets were you get those grills from too?

paikiah
02-23-2005, 04:07 AM
From a local vendor.. can't you guys get things like that over there too?

Naxis2k1
02-23-2005, 07:08 AM
From a local vendor.. can't you guys get things like that over there too?
**** i havent found a place.
local vendors in my area stick to the mainstream ****. they dont offer cool little products like that.

paikiah
02-23-2005, 07:43 AM
if you really can't find one and you deperately want it, pm me. I bought mine for about $40 a pair. Shipping should be about $15~20 to the states.

Naxis2k1
02-23-2005, 07:49 AM
if you really can't find one and you deperately want it, pm me. I bought mine for about $40 a pair. Shipping should be about $15~20 to the states.
nah its cool bro dont worry about i already got a pair of grills. if i didnt than i would have you get these for me but to late ohhhh welllll.

paikiah
02-23-2005, 11:01 AM
they ARE a bit on the expensive side...

Naxis2k1
02-23-2005, 04:12 PM
they ARE a bit on the expensive side...
hehe yeah no ****, but they look awsome. and if they hold up iam sure its worth the cash.