PDA

View Full Version : fuzzy noise

anarchy57
02-19-2005, 02:02 PM
So I had my volume up, and as the songs switched thru, the pause in between songs, it made this "fuzzy" noise more present, and I think it still fuzz's even when music is playing, its just that the music is overlapping it.

what could cause this problem?

before I used to have a problem with a bad ground(i guess) cuz whenever I accelerated, my comps would whine louder and louder, but that went away, somehow.

But yea, anyone know a solution, or is there even a solution?

netherland24
02-19-2005, 02:09 PM
i have the same problem some one told me it was white noise. but maybe u could get some help on that issue.

squeak9798
02-20-2005, 11:29 PM
Are these speakers powered through an external amp?

Try regrounding your HU

anarchy57
02-21-2005, 12:08 AM
yep, theyre powered by an external amp, and man, regrounding that HU, theres so little space back there, lol but ill give it a shot whenever

netherland24
02-21-2005, 12:10 AM
do u recomend disconnecting the external amp? mine came with ford should i just rewire the whole thing?

anarchy57
03-08-2005, 05:09 PM
alright, bringing back this thread in hope for an answer

after some progress heres some info-

i originally had my amp grounded to a bolt on the strut mount and found that to be a bad ground, so i regrounded my amp to the trunk floor, sanded everything down nice and well also. BUT THERES STILL WHITE NOISE!!!!

i dont think it could be the rca's either, im running 2 sets of Stinger Bullet series.

my comps/coaxes are all powered by an Arc Kar 400.4

could it be my HU? (it probably is)

I have a Pioneer DEH 8. One thing about this HU that was odd was the fact that there were 2 ground wires. One ground wire(about 12awg thick with its own ring terminal) came out the back of the HU. Then there was another ground wire coming out of the wiring harness, and I put these 2 wires to the same spot.

anyone know what the problem is?