PDA

View Full Version : horn retailers

paikiah
02-17-2005, 10:28 PM
I've been thinking about using horns, but I can't seem to find many stores online carrying them. SOunddomain.com prices seem too steep.

Can anyone help me out?

Doesn't matter what brand, ID, veritas, usdaudio, etc.. so long as prices aren't astronomical.

paikiah
02-18-2005, 02:53 AM
ttt

squeak9798
02-18-2005, 10:35 AM
I've been thinking about using horns, but I can't seem to find many stores online carrying them. SOunddomain.com prices seem too steep.

Can anyone help me out?

Doesn't matter what brand, ID, veritas, usdaudio, etc.. so long as prices aren't astronomical.

Horns aren't cheap man ;)

Sounddomain is Image Dynamics's only authorized on-line store.....so you are outta luck there.

You can order direct from USD:

USD Audio
1030 N. Main Street #A
Orange, CA 92867
(714) 997-2475
info@usdaudio.com

Veritas are on ebay every once in a while......not sure how they perform, haven't heard much about them.

Then, ofcourse, the Illusions. Illusion is out of business.....so you either gotta pray you can find an old dealer that still has a pair, or again, buy used.

Check out the F/S forums over at ECA. Almost always a couple pairs of ID horns floating around for a good price.

paikiah
02-18-2005, 10:46 AM
It's strange how only a year ago, the Korean illusions wholesaler started advertising their drivers.

Ok, as for image dynamics, I don't need authorised dealers, so long as they carry ID products.

Veritas seems like they are really out of business or something.

I've emailed USD audio a few hours ago, hope to hear from them soon.

And what is ECA? First time I've heard of that forum..:(

squeak9798
02-18-2005, 10:51 AM
It's strange how only a year ago, the Korean illusions wholesaler started advertising their drivers.

Ok, as for image dynamics, I don't need authorised dealers, so long as they carry ID products.

Veritas seems like they are really out of business or something.

I've emailed USD audio a few hours ago, hope to hear from them soon.

And what is ECA? First time I've heard of that forum..:(

Almost all of Team ID hangs out there, as well as a couple employees of Image Dynamics (Matt Borgadt(sp?) and Eric Stevens, for example): www.elitecaraudio.com

Also, be advised that ID watches their sales closely. No authorized dealer, no warranty....and a high likelyhood that you'd never actually receive the product (as chances are good they won't be able to get any inventory from ID).

Try www.carmedia1.com.....they have the best prices on ID gear, but I've never dealt with them and don't know anyone who has. And, ID knows about them, and knows they are unauthorized dealers (and specifically said that carmedia1 probably has no where to get the product from, as they won't get it from ID directly).

paikiah
02-18-2005, 11:08 AM
ah, you were talking of eliteca.. heading there now..

yeah, i was looking at that carmedia1 site too.. but i'm suspicious of them..

squeak9798
02-18-2005, 11:12 AM
Winslow used to have some maylar diaphram mini's for sale.....don't know if he still has them or not.

paikiah
02-18-2005, 11:18 AM
thanks for the info man, I really appreciate it. :)

Now, time for me to hunt for some pro horns.

boister77
02-18-2005, 01:09 PM
www.partsexpress.com (http://www.partsexpress.com/)

they have wide selection of pro audio compression drivers.

i thinks one would be perfect:D
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=294-415

we use this one at my work. get's plently loud!

JAZN
02-18-2005, 01:15 PM
holy **** thats like $500...each. where do u work?

req
02-18-2005, 01:20 PM
500 each JUST for the driver... not including the compression lense.

:D

PM audiolife... he might have some horns laying around. thats where i got my ID CD2's from.

paikiah
02-18-2005, 01:41 PM
And how much do the ID horns cost, without the compression driver?

paikiah
02-18-2005, 01:45 PM
I think he's sold all the horns he has to offer. And I also hope I'm wrong. :)

squeak9798
02-18-2005, 02:30 PM
And how much do the ID horns cost, without the compression driver?

Just the horn bodies....prolly around $100-$150, though I doubt you could just buy the horn bodies. You'd have to find a used pair for sale.

And if you are going to go compression drivers, you might as well go all out:

http://www.e-speakers.com/images/TAD%20TD4001.gif

4" Beryllium High Frequency Compression Driver
M.S.R.P. $1,850.00

-or-

http://www.e-speakers.com/images/TAD%20TD4003.gif

TD4003
4" Beryllium High Frequency Compression Driver
M.S.R.P. $2,300.00

:D

audiolife
02-18-2005, 05:28 PM
you can buy the bodies seperate

paikiah
02-18-2005, 09:50 PM
Could you tell me where I could purchase the horn bodies separately? Or perhaps a ballpark figure?

And squeak, not going all out at all. I'll leave that for my home audio next time. For my car, I want something like the CD1 pro.. read up on it and seems to be a great balance between price and performance. :)

boister77
02-19-2005, 02:07 AM
i have a bunch of 4x10 lens laying around. they use the standard three bolt pattern. not sure it would fit a car install though. not sure what you mean by the horn bodies, but the two main parts of a pro audio horn setup is the compression driver and the horn lens. either of the two can be found from same copmany i posted above.

paikiah
02-19-2005, 08:39 AM
Yes, to me horn body = horn lens. I need layman's terms. :D