PDA

View Full Version : CDT UPSTAGE system? Questions?

DJ Jester
02-17-2005, 07:46 PM
Anyone have or familiar with the CDT UPSTAGE system?

I was planning on buying either a large tweeter or a small midrange to add to my dash to raise my stage a little bit, but just now I started reading this info about the CDT system and it seems like exactly what I'm looking for.

Does anyone have info about how well this works. How does it sound? Which system in particular did you hear or do you own?

It would be extremely helpful if someone knows about these tweeters. Thanks!

boister77
02-17-2005, 09:09 PM
it's a good way to improve you front stage. you connect it to your crossovers. i believe most of cdt's crossover are compatible with the kit. i forgot exactly how it works but i believe they have some sort of delay/phase or something. i forget. anyways, i'm might get a set soon. i'll let you know how they sound.

iceteebone
02-17-2005, 09:11 PM
i got the controller for the image enhancement kit. hooks into your cdt crossover then you run a pair of tweeters off of it. it lets you adjust the volume of the tweeters. i'm selling mine if you want it. all you would need is a set of tweeters.

Spddracer
02-17-2005, 09:12 PM
They sound really good. It comes with a potentiometer to adjust the tweeter level (atleast the one I have does) so you can set the tweets to the level you want. I highly recc it.

DJ Jester
02-18-2005, 01:36 AM
This isn't the image enhancement kit. I'm thinking that this is different.

Correct me if I am wrong..........but from what I gather this set comes with a seperate crossover and another set of tweeters to add to my current components up front.

The new set of tweeters is mounted on the dash or high on the beam and then I run the crossover inline with my other crossover.

It says that it send the very high end freqs to the higher placed tweets and your components and the lower tweets handle midrange and vocal and some of the upper register, but the new tweets handle the higher stuff. Also is has some sort of time alignments and delay that makes your stage raise and deepen quite significantly.

Is this all correct? The model numbers that I am interested in are the M519S and the UP-524XT.

Thanks!

squeak9798
02-18-2005, 10:43 AM
It's a bandaid for a poor install.

It "helps" in some installs, doesn't work so well in others. Either way, set your current components up correctly the first time and the upstage kit won't be needed.

Also, I doubt it includes any kind of time-alignment seeing as how it's a totally passive system. Might have some sort of phase-inversion network for a psuedo-time alignment affect, but I doubt it has true time alignment.

Add a pair of unpowered tweeters to your a-pillars and I'm sure you'd enjoy the same results ;)

DJ Jester
02-18-2005, 05:41 PM
Well, I have a DEH-P9600mp, so I have the time alignment already. I love the Time Alignment, BBX, and Auto EQ...............Problem is that I only have one front amp now so all four component sets are hooked up to just one amp, so I only get time alignment from left to right, not front to back.

This is just giving me an excuse to buy another amp to power this and my components up front and let my current amp power my rear doors.

Then my mono will power my two Atlas 15's that I'm ordering within the next few days.

Also, its not being used as a bandaid. My comps up front have good imaging, but I want the vocal to be out about 16 inches above the end of the hood on a good recording.

If anyone else knows about it, feel free to share some info.

Thanks!

Jester

iceteebone
02-19-2005, 07:44 PM
with this upstage kit you don't need another amp to power them. this controller hooks into both of your crossovers, then you wire 2 tweeters to the controller and you can use the controller to adjust the volume level of the tweeters. i found that if you set your stage up properly you don't need it. that's why i'm selling mine.

DJ Jester
02-20-2005, 02:51 AM
SHHHHHHHH!!!! I know that already, but my g/f doesn't. I NEEEEED another AMP...........understand?

By the way, what system are you selling?

The TW-25SLP with the 1" soft dome is on sale for $59.95

Do you have the soft dome or the titanium dome? If you are selling yours for much less than this price I'll probably buy it from you.

With no regards to the imaging..........just tell me if you think the tweeters themselves sound good.

My other tweets are MB Quart 1" Titaniums up front a -2db attenuation and Polk Momo 1" Silks in the back with -3db attenuation and personally I think it sound pretty good, but could use just a little bit more.

If you have the silks, or even the metal and think they sound smooth enough then I might get em from you or from the website.

Thanks,

Jester