PDA

View Full Version : Panasonics 60W x 4 RMS HU??

j3bus2k3
02-17-2005, 12:09 PM
Anyone bought this yet...the article I read said its using new T-class amp circuitry which combines class A/B and D technology. I'm wondering if this thing actually puts out the power and if its comparable to an alpine or eclipse deck. I've got an alpine now, want to upgrade to an eclipse in-dash (or the Kenwood rival with a DSP) and would think this headunit would take care of power issues too. The article also stated that Panasonic hinted at plans to release a 100x4 version too. Any thoughts, or opinions?

iceteebone
02-17-2005, 12:11 PM
i doubt it does that kind of power. if it does the sq wouldn't be that great i would imagine. also with an amp that big you would get a lot of heat and probably deck failure. your better off saving your money and getting an eclipse deck with an external amp.

j3bus2k3
02-17-2005, 12:16 PM
even about the heat issue, the rep said with all there testing in small areas and spaces, not a single one overheated or caused an increase in temp that would all that unnormal....

azbass
02-17-2005, 12:50 PM
is that the one with the big power cable ya run right to the bat, like an amp?

maylar
02-17-2005, 04:50 PM
Class T is supposed to be very efficient, so heat would be minimized. Must be big though and have a SMPS power supply, no?

iceteebone
02-17-2005, 05:09 PM
even about the heat issue, the rep said with all there testing in small areas and spaces, not a single one overheated or caused an increase in temp that would all that unnormal....

a panasonic rep won't tell you they overheat. i just haven't heard too many good things about panasonic decks. i think you are better off looking into pioneer, eclipse, alpine, or clarion.

3.5Max6spd
02-17-2005, 05:38 PM
among the pro's of class t tech is that they produce very lil' heat, high efficiency and allows for small footprint- honestly if i had use for a non-external amp setup i would give one a try- i had good luck with a previous Pana deck

firearm
02-17-2005, 08:01 PM
among the pro's of class t tech is that they produce very lil' heat, high efficiency and allows for small footprint- honestly if i had use for a non-external amp setup i would give one a try- i had good luck with a previous Pana deck

I have been using a CQ-C9800U for about 3 months now. If definitely doesn't overheat. I don't know what the true power output is but the sound is clean and clear powering (4) 5 x 7 Kappas in a 2005 F150 Supercab. In addition to this I use a Diamond Audio 10" CM3D4 powered by a JL Audio 250/1 amp grafted into a Pro Box enclosure that fits perfectly under the rear seats.

All in all a pretty well balanced system with plenty of adjustment capability.