PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Clarion vrx 935vd please help...

deaf16
02-12-2005, 01:43 PM
Hey everyone- I installed this clarion vrx935vd indash yesterday...It works fine, but occasionaly when I put in a DVD it says reading disc...like it always does...and then it says error 003 and wont play the dvd...I dont know what it is...I know that it isnt the disc because I played the DVD in it earlier and it worked fine, sometimes it just wont read it and let me play it...also sometimes I will have a DVD in and have it paused, and when i press play to un pause it it wont play just freezes up like it is scratched but it isnt, any ideas?
thanks

THUNDERBIRD
02-16-2005, 04:30 PM
i am looking into getting that hu how do u like it. is there a brain that u have to install or is everything in the hu

THUNDERBIRD
02-17-2005, 04:51 PM
alright i know what u have to do is install a toggle switch in the green wire which is the parking brake security wire. kuz i am willing to bet that u grounded it out so u could watch while u were driving and what that does is if it is just grounded the brain gets a confused message and will sometimes play and sometimes wont. so the switch u turn on and off when u start ur car and it makes the brain think u r in park. thats what my local installer told me kuz i just bought one and i was wondering how to bypass that. hope it helps, good luck

Pistonsfan70
02-21-2005, 01:48 PM
I have this head unit and had it installed by a Clarion dealer so I have never had a problem. I HAVE noticed however that the Clarion dvd player detects flaws in DVD much more than a standard dvd player. That doesn't sound like your problem though. It is prob. the parking brake problem the guy mentioned.

Thunderbird, DEFINITLY get this head unit. Easy to use, easy on the eyes and it just rocks!!!

THUNDERBIRD
02-22-2005, 01:46 PM
i bought one and it is on the way