PDA

View Full Version : Needing info about H/U's

BigBoyBoelts
02-10-2005, 06:12 AM
Ok guys, I have been searching and reading on this site for about 2 weeks straight and I need some help here. I am in the process of putting together a nice sq system for my 05 Mustang GT. So far its a simple setup:

MB Quart QSD 216's - Fronts (no rear speakers)
1) JL Audio 12W7 sub
1) JL 1000.1 for the sub
2) JL 300.2 one for tweets, one for mids
2) Audio Control EQT's
1) Audio Control 3XS x-over

Now this is my problem I would like a nice preamp output ONLY H/U that doesnt have all of this crap on it, and by crap i mean crossovers built in and DSP and 13 band eqs, as you can see I dont need any of that extra junk in the HU. So I know of the Pioneer Premier DEX-P9, but I hate the way it looks! Are there any other nice high end units out there? They dont have to be top of the line but I have no need for the other stuff. If you can help out thanks!

By the way if you want me to date my self I used to own an old DEH-M88 pioneer h/u way back in the 90's! God what I would give to get that back! Gotta love the perks of selling pioneer stuff when in HS! :yumyum:

Any thanks for any help guys!
Matt

squeak9798
02-10-2005, 09:47 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3293&item=5750044935&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW - Here you go. Deadhead (no internal amp), no xover/EQ....just bass, treble, fade and balance. 2 pair of preouts (F & R), also has 4V mini-Din balanced out. It's the deck I have (but that is not my auction).

Even though it says Rockford Fosgate, it is literally a rebadged Denon unit (specifically the Denon DCT-A1000) that RF commissioned to compete in the "high end" headunit market. MSRP was over $700 for this unit, and it's older brother (the RFX-8250 and 8250Ti) were in the $1000 range MSRP if I recall correctly. Great high-end, simple headunit. And they are no longer made....only way to find them is through egay and the F/S forums.

I paid $150 shipped for mine, BTW :D Not bad for a $700 deck.

Expy2000
02-10-2005, 02:25 PM
Look into the Alpine 7995.. Like mine..

No pre amp..

Sharp looking b_tch too..

BigBoyBoelts
02-10-2005, 05:35 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3293&item=5750044935&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW - Here you go. Deadhead (no internal amp), no xover/EQ....just bass, treble, fade and balance. 2 pair of preouts (F & R), also has 4V mini-Din balanced out. It's the deck I have (but that is not my auction).

Even though it says Rockford Fosgate, it is literally a rebadged Denon unit (specifically the Denon DCT-A1000) that RF commissioned to compete in the "high end" headunit market. MSRP was over $700 for this unit, and it's older brother (the RFX-8250 and 8250Ti) were in the $1000 range MSRP if I recall correctly. Great high-end, simple headunit. And they are no longer made....only way to find them is through egay and the F/S forums.

I paid $150 shipped for mine, BTW :D Not bad for a $700 deck.

HEY! There you go! THANK YOU! that will actually match the aluminum dash in my car too! Thanks man!