PDA

View Full Version : Alpine and Ipod lovers

THX
02-09-2005, 02:00 AM
Most of you guys know there is a song # limitation when using the KCA-420i adapter. We were hoping they'd fix this by the time the 2005 models hit the shelves. I emailed Alpine about it and this was my answer:

The 2005 decks will display the same limitations. The limitation is in the Ai-Net bus network so there are no available software upgrades to remedy the limitation.

Definitely not the answer I was expecting but at least we have one. If anyone else wants this to change next year please email Alpine here:

[email protected]

and tell them you'd like to see an update the Ai-Net bus for 100% compataiblity with the iPod. It ***** having a 20/40/60 gig ipod but then being limited to 255 or 511 songs and artists. I hope they get enough responses to make a change.

Randy Savage
02-09-2005, 02:07 AM
I've got about 5-6 gigs on my iPod and don't have problems with limitations on my Alpine...I have everything sorted into playlists, etc...so I don't have any problems.

shimm
02-09-2005, 03:59 AM
Woah, Im currently seriously considering buying an alpine HU and the ipod connector, but I will only have access to about 500 songs on my 40 gig ipod?

ll kaidoy ll
02-13-2005, 07:53 PM
Dang, that *****. I was really considering buying this when I upgrade to a newer Alpine deck.

liar2
02-13-2005, 08:11 PM
You don't have access to just that many songs, it will only limit you if you decided to set it to play from "songs" rather than select through artist or whatever. I personally don't have a problem with this since I usually just want to listen to a particular album at a time.

joeboxer5876
02-15-2005, 01:40 PM
how is the sound quality play from an ipod instead of cds with the ipod adapter on an alpine HU?

liar2
02-15-2005, 03:08 PM
CD Quality is superior. But it still does sound pretty **** good. I know it isn't perfect, but it does exactly what I want to do. Seamless integration with the head unit, and it doesn't eliminate the channels... like a stereo to minijack channel sometimes does. However, it is still a good investment.