PDA

View Full Version : ok-last time-bottomline

jakesmoke
02-07-2005, 07:13 PM
:crazy: ok, this is it- last time.alpine or clarion. all you eclipse owners keep to yourselves.i want the clearest and best performing hu and ive narrowed it down to these two.also does the $200 units perform about the same as the $400-$500 units or are you just paying for more functions?thnx.

iceteebone
02-07-2005, 08:25 PM
:crazy: ok, this is it- last time.alpine or clarion. all you eclipse owners keep to yourselves.i want the clearest and best performing hu and ive narrowed it down to these two.also does the $200 units perform about the same as the $400-$500 units or are you just paying for more functions?thnx.

how come you won't consider eclipse? can't go wrong with either brand. find the one with the features you like and the best value.

Alpine2005
02-07-2005, 10:48 PM
alpine

ZeroSktr56
02-08-2005, 12:45 AM
^^x2

JimJ
02-08-2005, 01:02 AM
all three make good units, and i'd possibly add pioneer to that list (although their MP3 read times aren't the best).

radel2dope
02-08-2005, 09:49 AM
Alpine, and the HU's are priced differently for a reason... Does a $100 sub perform as good as a $350 sub?

6spdcoupe
02-08-2005, 09:54 AM
Im curious as well why Eclipse cant be an option...their $200 HUs are a really good bang for the buck.

6spdcoupe
02-08-2005, 09:54 AM
Does a $100 sub perform as good as a $350 sub?

Depends on the enclosure its in...;)

forbidden
02-08-2005, 01:29 PM
Hmmm, a basic cd player has the same laser mechanism, tuner and amp for the most part. So what the customer usually pays extra for is bells and whistles that they may not ring or blow. Want a good cd player, Eclipse, want another good cd player, Alpine. Want what the masses have, insert brand name here ____________. There is a world of difference between a deck built to hit a price point and one like an Eclipse. You get what you pay for. If you want flashy lights and some dude snowboarding across your screen, knock yourself out. I want a cd player that will deliver the performance that I expect and who cares about the snowboarder and flashy lights.

Zombietime
02-08-2005, 02:39 PM
I own a Clarion DXZ745mp which has done me no wrong but I'm selling it to buy an Alpine 9835 or maybe one of the newer alpines.

3.5Max6spd
02-08-2005, 02:54 PM
this is one retarded thread....not one model # mentioned by the poster- so whats to compare? Brand name?

jdavis37
02-08-2005, 04:26 PM
Don't hold back , Manny :) :censored: :thumbupw:

Expy2000
02-08-2005, 06:22 PM
Alpine Or Death

iceteebone
02-08-2005, 06:24 PM
Alpine Or Death

my vote goes for death

3.5Max6spd
02-08-2005, 06:33 PM
my vote goes for death

buahahaha....in that case I've BEEN dead for a few years now...

iceteebone
02-08-2005, 06:57 PM
buahahaha....in that case I've BEEN dead for a few years now...

me too. i was kinda being sarcastic. i mean what the hell if we don't have alpine headunits we should hang ourselves? by the way my eclipse 8443 is coming tommorrow :veryhapp:

6spdcoupe
02-08-2005, 09:39 PM
Hmmm, a basic cd player has the same laser mechanism, tuner and amp for the most part. So what the customer usually pays extra for is bells and whistles that they may not ring or blow. Want a good cd player, Eclipse, want another good cd player, Alpine. Want what the masses have, insert brand name here ____________. There is a world of difference between a deck built to hit a price point and one like an Eclipse. You get what you pay for. If you want flashy lights and some dude snowboarding across your screen, knock yourself out. I want a cd player that will deliver the performance that I expect and who cares about the snowboarder and flashy lights.

VERY well put. Couldnt have set it better myself.

6spdcoupe
02-08-2005, 09:42 PM
this is one retarded thread....not one model # mentioned by the poster- so whats to compare? Brand name?

Good call Manny I wasnt even paying attention to that, it mainly went to the point of him saying outright no to Eclipse.

O and Alpine or death....Yea I too choose death. Funny how such a great reputable company still cant extend their warranties....Eclipse has been doing 3yr for quite some time and the theft replacement for 2yrs now...I guess it just goes to show how reliable and confident they feel.

-_Don

jerseystyle1
02-09-2005, 02:59 PM
Like everyone above said, it really depends on what you want. I prefer old school stuff because I really don't care for all the bells and wistles. I would try to find a Clarion 9255. The highest quality unit that Clarion has ever made (IMO). Honestly, they are both great brand names, but you need to find a deck that has the features you like and one that has a warranty or whatever that suits you. Everyone is biased in their own way.

JLCivic
02-09-2005, 06:24 PM
Good call Manny I wasnt even paying attention to that, it mainly went to the point of him saying outright no to Eclipse.

O and Alpine or death....Yea I too choose death. Funny how such a great reputable company still cant extend their warranties....Eclipse has been doing 3yr for quite some time and the theft replacement for 2yrs now...I guess it just goes to show how reliable and confident they feel.

-_Don

I am just trying to clarify. What are you saying?

A) Eclipse has offered theft protection for the past 2 years

or

B) Their theft warranty is 2 years?

Eclipse has offered a 1 year theft warranty (when the deck is purchased from/installed by an authorized dealer) since they have had ESN as far as I can remember. I believe my ECD-415(purchased in 94 IIRC) had a theft warranty.

6spdcoupe
02-10-2005, 12:09 AM
I am just trying to clarify. What are you saying?

A) Eclipse has offered theft protection for the past 2 years

or

B) Their theft warranty is 2 years?

Eclipse has offered a 1 year theft warranty (when the deck is purchased from/installed by an authorized dealer) since they have had ESN as far as I can remember. I believe my ECD-415(purchased in 94 IIRC) had a theft warranty.

Thats its been offered for two years. All the time Ive carried them it wasnt to my knowledge prior to that. Yes the ESN has always been there though.

JLCivic
02-10-2005, 05:53 AM
Thats its been offered for two years. All the time Ive carried them it wasnt to my knowledge prior to that. Yes the ESN has always been there though.

Hhm, nope the theft warranty isn't that new.

jakesmoke
02-11-2005, 09:07 PM
didnt mean to raise such a stink-am strongly considering clarion dxz845 mc ,but everyone goes on and on about alpine all the time.dont give a **** about the pretty screens, just want the clearest performing unit for my $$ like everyone else.

iceteebone
02-11-2005, 09:09 PM
if you are looking for a nice deck check my sig

-JB
02-11-2005, 09:11 PM
Get whichever one you think looks better.

iceteebone
02-11-2005, 09:13 PM
Get whichever one you think looks better.

that's it. base your decision on looks :rolleyes: