PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer DEH-P804P Issue

Xanth
02-04-2005, 06:23 PM
I've read some other posts about this product and I don't think my problem relates with any of the issues so here it goes:

I've gone a few months without music and it's getting old. My head unit worked fine and then every so often would sometimes just shutoff and come back on. Then later on it would only stay on when the face was up and would completely turn off when the face was down, except the music (CD or radio) would continue to play with no way for me to eject the cd, change the station, adjust volume, anything. I would have to remove the face and reattach it and quickly press close to keep the face up so I could control it.

Well now it's in its third phase of issues. The thing constantly, nonstop, over and over opens and closes. Open, close, open, close, open, close without ever stopping. Everytime it opens it turns off, but then somehow turns back on and closes for a sec, then reopens and turns off. I can very briefly adjust the volume for the 1sec it is closed but when it opens it shuts off and I have to quickly remove the face to get it to stop. I've checked all connections to my sub, amp, cap, headunit, battery....nothing. Anyone have a clue what is going on? Thanks.

caddy39
02-08-2005, 08:57 PM
Hey.. I have the same HU.. Mine has completely lost power. I got it bench tested today to make sure it wasnt my car and nothing. (13 bucks). The thing is dead! I was recommended a shop to go to. Apparently they can check it out and see what is wrong for 45 bucks... I figure its worth it even thou I hate dishing out cash for something that shouldn't need it. The tech today told me he has 2 friends with the same HU and they have had problems. I am bring my HU tommorow and I will see how things go. Ill keep you updated.. Talk to ya later.