PDA

View Full Version : Problems with my HU

Kavezi
02-01-2005, 04:41 PM
K, here is the run down. I have the Alpine 7893 deck. It was working fine until a couple of months ago. One day I was sitting in the parking lot waiting on a friend, and all of a sudden my HU just shut off. When I finally got it to come back on, it was only playing the music through the subs. I had to curse and play with it a bit, but finally it started playing again. Well since then, it shuts offand turns on, on its own. Sometimes it will come back on and the song will play like nothing ever happened. Sometimes, only the subs will play. Lately, itll shut off, and nothing will play, sometimes the song is sort of frozen, sometimes the cd still playing just no sound. I dont think it can be a wire, because it happens when the car is just sitting still, just as much as when i go over a bump, or turn left (never when I got right, just left). What do you think my problem is? Is it my deck? Anyone else ever had problems like this? Any help would be nice. Thanks

azbass
02-01-2005, 06:31 PM
maby you have a ghost in your HU :crap:

seth350
02-01-2005, 06:58 PM
Really sounds like you got a wire issue. Or perhaps something internally is slowly withering away. I'd say double check your wires and your fuses.

Kavezi
02-02-2005, 08:06 AM
Is that the only thing it could be the wires? If so, when I pull it out what am I looking for? I didnt install is myself, heck I didnt install anything myself so I am very unsure where to start?

Kavezi
02-05-2005, 10:39 AM
bump, anyone else?

swaptrex
02-05-2005, 10:55 AM
check your grounds-black wires, and also recheck your wires and fuses if you already haven't. just take out your hu, should be easy, and check where the harness meets the deck.

Phronemophobiak
02-05-2005, 11:02 AM
Just a guess, but how is your electrical system? Is your alternator putting out enough power for you system? My friend was having a similar problem where his deck was turning off when his car was idling and the subs would hit. The voltage would drop and the deck would just shut off. Maybe you should check the voltage going to your head unit

Kavezi
02-05-2005, 02:14 PM
Ok thanks, I will get someone to check that out, cause I have no idea what I would be doing. I didnt notice today, that I was dimming a lot right before it shut off. Would that be the alt? It has never done this before, but my car is still running normal.