PDA

View Full Version : blown speakers?

blkcivicex
02-01-2005, 03:27 PM
i have all alpine type s speakers in my civic and i have just recently bought them and they were professionally installed at abt and i have never turned up my volume real loud at all (the installer at abt told me not to turn my volume up above 22 on the clarion deck) and i have never turned my volume above 20 and on occation and and during certian songs i hear a rattle sound comming from my left 6x9. even when i turn the bass up on the speakers all they way it usually doesnt happen only at times when i have certian z-enhancer settings turned on on the cd player what is a for sure way to tell if the speaker has been blown?

squeak9798
02-01-2005, 03:42 PM
Test it's coil with a DMM to see if the coil is fried or not. Other than that, inspect it for physical damage.

You could simply be rattling something in your car....like your rear deck.

Echo42987
02-01-2005, 04:33 PM
Guessin' you don' have a DMM so yeah just look at any voice coil damager or check the surrounding area for anything that is loose or would create a rattling sound. (my dad sells to ABT) I get like 40% off of everything through them!

blkcivicex
02-01-2005, 04:46 PM
yeah my friends bro is an installer there he hooks me up with stuff maybe ill have him look at cause with the civic you have to take out the back seat and you have to take apart the entire rear deck just to get to the 6x9s thats what he told me when he installed the stuff honda really messed up when they did that its a real pain in the *** so i hope i dont have to take all of that apart