PDA

View Full Version : eD Speakers

Fate710
01-31-2005, 11:36 PM
I have been contemplating what new speakers to get for the inside of my Town Car. I was thinking about the Rainbow Profi Vanadiums(5.25 front, 6.5 rear). Can't really find a good source to buy them from though :(. So i have been looking at the eD 6500s. If I go this route I will be putting 6.5s front and rear. Please help me decide.

paikiah
02-01-2005, 12:44 AM
perhaps a price range would be a good start.

hint: be on the lookout for some great one-off mftr deals.

flakko
02-01-2005, 12:59 AM
wait wait... if yer goin to get 2-way 5.25" speaks in the front, try to go with something smaller in the rear, not the 3-way 6.5" imo, the front will be drowned out by the rear.

audiolife
02-01-2005, 05:06 AM
3 way the front get an eclipse 8454 set it up with its time alignment on a set of decent co ax speakers and run 3 amps 1 small for the rear 1 med for the 3 way comps and 1 biggy for your subs. that would be the cheapest correct way i know of to run quality rearfill. for the price those decks can be had on ebay i find it hard to believe these arent more popular they seemingly do about everything digitally you could want.

Fate710
02-01-2005, 08:15 AM
I already have a head unit. I am thinking about just taking the 6x9s that are in the back now and just making a cover so there is no hole for speakers and just use front 6.5s Would it be wise to run front and back 6.5s? My budget for inside speakers is about 700 total.

squeak9798
02-01-2005, 10:12 AM
I already have a head unit. I am thinking about just taking the 6x9s that are in the back now and just making a cover so there is no hole for speakers

If you are putting subs in the trunk, then I'd take out the rear 6x9's and use the openings as a vent to allow the bass into the car.

and just use front 6.5s Would it be wise to run front and back 6.5s? My budget for inside speakers is about 700 total.

You only really need speakers in front unless you carry a lot of back-seat passengers. $700 is a hefty budget; lot of great sounding comp sets in that price range (such as the Boston Acoustics Z6 :drool: )

Also, if you are seriously going to have 4 12" XXX's, you need to get a hold of me when they are installed. I'd love to hear that.

Fate710
02-01-2005, 05:19 PM
I definately will squek. I have wanted to hear some local guys w/ good systems. But man the wiring on this sum ***** is going to be PITA. 5 amps total, 4 tvs, a dvd player, and ****ing 1 red top and 2 yellow tops. I get to have loads of fun. Yea man when I get it done I will pm ya and hook up w/ ya somewheres so you can hear it.