PDA

View Full Version : Any1 beefed their Durango??

OldManTod
01-29-2005, 10:02 PM
I have recently had my subs installed (12" HX2's) and have a Kicker KX1200.1 driving those guys (needless to say the bass is overpowering the rest)...

So my question is this, has anyone beefed their Durango yet???

For those who don't know the setup, there is a tweeter high and prolly like a 6" in the door, needless to say I am looking for some info to beef the mid and high...

I have read through the information, but I am not sure the diff between coax and component sets???

Definitely looking for volume and would be willing to switch out both as well as get an amp to drive those off a Clarion HU..

Any thoughts??? and if you are in the Ohio area looking to sell, let me know...

T

Expy2000
01-29-2005, 10:24 PM
I pair of 165K2Ps would keep up...

Match it with at 300/2 just for kicks.. Be very nice..

Other amps would do the job, I just like the 300/2.. SS 600/2 would work as well

desi_daru
01-29-2005, 11:32 PM
co-ax is 1 speaker wif the tweeter in the middle
component is jus that, seperate components, thers the mid and then the tweeter and then the crossover

id say get a nice set of comp's and if u power them right, u wont b dissapointed jus comes down 2 how much u wants 2 spend and wat kind of sound u like

OldManTod
01-30-2005, 08:50 AM
I would look to drop about 500 bones cuz I gotta get an alarm in there too...

Listen to rock... thanks for the info...

OldManTod
05-30-2005, 08:25 PM
I am having a ***** of a time with figgering out where to put the amps... I ended up with a kx350.4 for the comps up front and the coaxs in the back (I didnt realize there were comps in the back too or else I woulda gotten another set for the back door)..

anyway, has anybody else found a good way to mount the amps (other than to the floor of the rear storage, it's getting to hot in there)???

I am thinking that I may rig an upright and sideways mount for them on the side of the box, that is about all I can think of...

Thoughts???

T

azbass
05-30-2005, 08:27 PM
i worked on a durango durning school in a parking lot of a hotel. whole fiberglass project. the cleaning ladies did not like what we did to the room....

scrappy
06-01-2005, 03:04 AM
I have mine instaled in the cargo hatch. I just put in a fan you can buy at a local shop in ther pushes lots of air with the music off you can hear the fan just ging just dont put your finger in there