PDA

View Full Version : Sound off/show off Henreitta NY

Loudrango112
01-27-2005, 06:09 PM
Im prolly going to post this in alot of the sections here because NOT everyone goes to EVERY section...

There is going to be a "sound off"/ "Show off" in Henreitta At the circuit city parking lot... or in the back of it... There is already about 4 people who are going...

For more details... post questions here... IM me or you can also call me at (585) 727 9977 (My name is Jason...)

Why not show up? If you have a system... intersted... or just wana see!!!

Mikey Likes It
01-27-2005, 06:13 PM
are you competing? what mike?

Loudrango112
01-27-2005, 06:15 PM
where just having alil sound off/show off

req
01-27-2005, 06:57 PM
when? this weekend when im there? like noon~1ish on sunday?

i can bring my brothers car i did the install in with a 300w amp and a ported 10" MTX thunder 8000. click "the site" in my sig... and go to project logs, and view "steves 1997 dodge" one...

lol, i doubt ill win :)

Loudrango112
01-27-2005, 07:34 PM
Yes the one that you are going to..
there is a website...
http://www.realmofexcursion.com/soundoff.html

req
01-27-2005, 10:29 PM
very sweet.

im there :)

Loudrango112
01-28-2005, 12:33 AM
COME ON there has to be some people who want to go... this ***** that all of you ****ers are to lazy to get up... and come out and see some subs in action?!

Acidburn
01-28-2005, 12:35 AM
i would.... if i lived withing 3000 miles of there...

Loudrango112
01-28-2005, 12:39 AM
well not you.. I mean there is alot more people from the Rochester/buffalo area... and of course.... there the ones who always say "Ive near heard a XXX.... wonder what it looks like" or the traditional.... "There isnt anyone with any of (Sub Y) here.... and it *****!"

and of course... nows the chance... and there all like...uhhhhhhh

VOA_NIGHTMARE
01-28-2005, 01:01 AM
give me a date and time and I am there. I will have to get rid of my system fast and do something better again, wish I never sold my old system. But I can work something up. Let me know I will hit up foreman and me and him will prob show up if hes got it off. And a few other guys off here live in roc that I have talked to I will hit them up about it as well.

VOA_NIGHTMARE
01-28-2005, 01:04 AM
cops wont be a problem there? I know I use to work around there and had a couple of problems from loud noise even on the thruway.

VOA_NIGHTMARE
01-28-2005, 04:08 AM
bring this back up to get some more locals in it

Loudrango112
01-28-2005, 08:54 AM
Saturday.... circuit city parking lot... henrietia... 12-3

g30ffr3y
01-28-2005, 09:54 AM
id love to come down but this saturday is my
first year anniversary with the girlfriend...

d@mn... finally an event near me and i cant go...

VOA_NIGHTMARE
01-28-2005, 11:53 AM
take her with ya. its only a 1hr drive or so. Count me in so far it looks as I can go. I might bring a few people as well. Is it gona cost anything etc? I wish I knew in advance and would of set it up and brought the trailer to sell food and drinks and stuff. Would need a permit for it. Maybe we can plan one in the summer and I can bring the smoker and trailer and sell food and drinks out of it and make a big show out of it as well.

its_bacon12
01-28-2005, 12:15 PM
im there

even tho i dont hav my system installed, i can still bring my shocker SSE 15 and maybe some other stuff if u guys wanna see...maybe we can get armando or mike or joel or josh someone installing at CC to come out (i used to install there)

haha i cant waaaait!! ill b there around 12 but leave around 1 ish my gf's cheerleading comp starts at 2 at blue cross

kickerlivinloud
01-28-2005, 05:05 PM
**** it!!!!!! Wish i saw this sooner!!!!!! We deffenetly need to do this some time in the summer with plenty of advance notice. I'm too buzy this weekend to make it. Already have to many plans made. Next time...... next time......

Jon

g30ffr3y
01-28-2005, 05:21 PM
id be down sometime in the summer... absolutely!!!

VOA_NIGHTMARE
01-28-2005, 08:25 PM
Make sure who ever comes to stop by and say hi to me :0) I will have a red issuzu trooper.

its_bacon12
01-28-2005, 10:02 PM
i gots the black gizm (geo prizm) with road salt racing stripes on my hood :nerd:

req
01-28-2005, 11:50 PM
ill be in a green 1998 dodge intrepid.

prolly eating at IHOP around 10ish.

im esited. i have one adire koda, one ID CD2 horn, one RE SE 10, one crossfire xover, and one crossfire 31 band eq TO SHOW EVERYONE. :)

oh yea the dropkick concert (http://www.dropkickmurphys.com) was amazing.

Strecker25
01-29-2005, 12:14 AM
i wouldve been out there for sure if i had everything up and running but i had my great grams funeral services all day today and i spent the night with the family. Let me know when we do that all again hopefully ill have my electrical issues sorted out by then

VOA_NIGHTMARE
01-29-2005, 12:19 AM
come anyways. I am now not going to be showing nothing because my subs are sold as soon as i get there lol. But its all good. I will have something good for the next one.

Loudrango112
01-29-2005, 02:13 AM
Ya I dont want to hear any excusses about "well my system isnt installed or its not here yet" just show the **** up! lol Why not? YOU KNOW you have nothing else important to do!!!! Just come out... show up...and have a sweet time.

Loudrango112
01-29-2005, 03:20 AM
Tommorrow EVERYONE be in the area around 12-3... I know its a long time.. but IDK When my break is... if any doubts CALL ME TOMMORROW!!! (585)-727-9977 MY name is jason... its my cell... ill be the only one answering... if I dont answer.. leave a message!

req
01-29-2005, 08:23 PM
so guys? where are the pics\movies?

i got a host if we need. i dont doubt that the realm would help us out too. we got vids of the XXX and my brothers MTX thunder 8000, and i believe some vids of some old 12" CVR's - but ask bmpincarstereo - he had the cam.

nice to meet ya guys. i met bmpincarstereo, ecko, and bacon. who else was there, if i forgot anyone?

FYI: the 10" MTX in the one vid was ran in ~1.4@33ish off this amp (http://www.audioclubhouse.com/proddetail.php?prod=A520HP&cat=193)

and the XXX was a 15" in a pretty big box (not exactally sure of cubes) @33ish hz.

if they got a video of the bag, it was moving QUITE far. it was impressive to say the least. i wish i could of heard it more, but test tones (in the freq range he was playing) didnt seem to thump the lows - but it was prolly because he was playin like 40hz or somthing. care to clear that up?

i played some music off of a CD bumpin whiped out. got it moving pretty far for its first bass test at ~3\4 gains (prolly like 200ish watts@4ohm)... IMO - the SQ was amazing on that $45 MTX woofer, i didnt think it was going to sound NEAR that well..

SO HOST THE MOVIES ALREADY >_<

anyone else care to comment? it was a good time IMO.

Strecker25
01-29-2005, 08:27 PM
had family things to take care of so i couldnt go, do it again in a couple months though!

bevo993071
01-29-2005, 09:49 PM
COME ON there has to be some people who want to go... this ***** that all of you ****ers are to lazy to get up... and come out and see some subs in action?!

Sounds like fun...too cold and too far away...Im in Dallas, its just a little far for me...
Anyone in the dallas area? we should all meet up somewhere and just show off our systems, just in a parking lot somewhere.

VOA_NIGHTMARE
01-29-2005, 10:11 PM
yea it was cool, you missed me I was out there. I had the suv with the old cvr's. Great cheap speakers if you ask me. I had some fun out there, and it was cool to hear a xxx as well. Next time we should plan something out and get a big thing going. If everyone in upstate ny doesnt mind driving to were I am at between syracuse and rochester. I will talk with a local school or at the lake were they do most car shows. I will check on a cost etc. and see about getting something really big going for in the summer. I dont know about going to find a mic etc. But that would be cool to give out prizes and sht. I can talk and get it set up to have food and drinks for sale there and stuff, and prob talk to some companys about bringing there products from some car audio stores to some wheels tires stores etc. And hooking people up with disc's etc. But thats normaly what goes on here in the summer with classic cars. Nothing really goes on about stereos there was one, though a few yrs ago. I remember there was about 80 cars there or so. It wasnt too bad of a turn out. Today was more like a back yard gathering though. I for some reason thought it was gona be diffrent. But it was all cool and being able to meet everyone and talk for a little bit. Just after standing out there for awhile and getting feet wet it started to get cold. Would love to do it again. And by then I will have another system back in instead of some temp beats like I had. Thats what I hated the most was I had sold all my good stuff and had nothing nice to show. But heck even small gatherings would be cool as well like today was. Hope to do it again.

AznRevlAzn
01-30-2005, 12:13 AM
guys i got 200+ megs of free space and unlimited bandwidth, AIM AznRevlAzn or my MSN aznre[email protected] and i can host the vids for you guys

bumpncarstereo
01-30-2005, 09:23 AM
ok now that i found the this post.... i do have about 5 vids i will be loading them from my camera to my computer later in the day (i am at my parents house now) and then i will send them to whoever wants to host them

bumpncarstereo
01-30-2005, 09:55 AM
ok i have the vids now who wants to host them? there is a bunch of ecko's xxx, and a couple of the MTX. didnt get any of the kickers, voa_nightmare had it all close up by the time i got there with the camera. and i didnt get a pic of bacons shocker (sorry guys). we will deff need to do this in the summer more ppl more fun. and by then i should have my stuff installed

req
01-30-2005, 11:43 AM
ok, you can get them to me somehow, and ill upload them to my server.

or you can go here - http://www.realmofexcursion.com/main.html - and upload to him. talk to him on AIM - realmofexcursion - and let him know. he posted that map on his site, and im sure he will host the vids :)

i cant wait to see how they came out!

bumpncarstereo
01-30-2005, 02:32 PM
ok i will im him when he is on next or you when you are not away next time i see you

req
01-30-2005, 03:18 PM
lol, ill be forever away. i NEVER do not have an away message up :)

but i really dont have any way to actually GET the videos from you. so try and upload the videos on that page i gave you. should be cool. ill message him when i get home.

its_bacon12
01-30-2005, 03:58 PM
ugh...liverpool...

we lost to them in a lacrosse tournament over the summer 5-4, even tho theyre about 4235602 times teh size of my high school (~700 kids)

haha just had to say that...if we didnt lose to them, we'd hav won the tourney if we didnt lose to them first...

just thought i'd add that

req
01-30-2005, 11:13 PM
sucker :)

wheres them vids? get hem uploaded to the site - talk to the realm, email him, whatever. get them hosted. i wanna see how my 10mtx crap machiene looked :)

for a sub $200 install. it kicks major ***.

jtomsic
01-30-2005, 11:15 PM
im interested in seeing this also :)

Loudrango112
01-31-2005, 12:21 AM
me 2...

VOA_NIGHTMARE
01-31-2005, 12:35 AM
ecko, you ever get my pm?

VOA_NIGHTMARE
01-31-2005, 12:39 AM
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up I met a few guys online at other sites etc, that have never heard of this site. They live in rochester so I told them about here and how we got together the other day. All seemed to like the idea of everyone meeting up etc. So there gona join the site. I told them to look for this one and post in here etc.

bumpncarstereo
01-31-2005, 07:55 AM
they are uploaded, soon you will all be able to admire my shoddy camera skills :D

bumpncarstereo
01-31-2005, 03:53 PM
They are up

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/soundoff.html

req
01-31-2005, 04:16 PM
very cool. too bad there was no sound :(

we should get pics of everyone next time... and vids of all the setups (hopefully ill be able to bring my actual car next time...)

if you look at the vid of 'reqs 10' you can see my hand. WOOoooO. im a **** bastard. and tbh, the XXX looks like its pounding WAY further in real life. you all seriously have to see it.

oh yea, and who sat in my car? what did you think of the spl\sq for a crappy MTX 10 and a sweet box with only 300w? :laugh:

we should also link to this thread on the soundoff page :cool:

VOA_NIGHTMARE
01-31-2005, 05:39 PM
Its-bacon sat in your car, yea I hope next time we meet, I will have another good system done. I just had those kickers as a temp and was selling them. I didnt have time to clean up my car or anything kinda ****** it was all a mess and sht all over the inside.

bumpncarstereo
01-31-2005, 05:42 PM
i sat in the intrepid. not to shaby, not at all

VOA_NIGHTMARE
01-31-2005, 05:48 PM
just checked the vids, they dont do them justice for how they were moving. Next time maybe someone can get a cam or something to get the sound etc. It was great bumpn brought his cam though. I didnt even think about grabing mine.

bumpncarstereo
02-01-2005, 08:57 AM
yea i sold my nice and expensive digi camcorder. that would have been really usefull now

AznRevlAzn
02-01-2005, 09:05 AM
AHHHHHHHHH need sound, lol

req
02-01-2005, 09:51 AM
lol.

thanks for the comment bumpin. :thumbsup:

ill have to hear the XXX on some music nextime. and hopefully i can show you guys my tempest next time. show ya what it can do with only 400w :)

my GF has a real nice digital camrea. ill try and get her to bring that next time. was like $1000 or some insane amount of money :p:

its_bacon12
02-01-2005, 11:49 AM
if all goes well, im gonna have my system setup/installed next tiem we meet up

you guys can all see my front stage (ef-61cfi with IEKs) run off a hot set up (made by orion) 100x2 amp, my vifa 8's in the back and my shocker installed

unfortunately my bro wanted his amp shipped out to colorado (bp1200.1) so im gonna be stuck with a bazooka el1500 500watts at 2 ohm til i can afford a better amp :crap:

but nonetheless i'll have it all in soon, given i can get the power wire and rcas asap

and req, that 10" was pretty freakin clean and loud for what i was expecting haha

btw, i decided after i graduate HS (june ish) im gonna take my back seat out, get another shocker and like a visonik v900hc run each channel 2000w rms at .5 ohm and use the trunk as an enclosure (gonna build box into the trunk from the back seat area...i'll need some help building/installing that so when time comes, ill be asking for a little help

req
02-01-2005, 12:15 PM
and req, that 10" was pretty freakin clean and loud for what i was expecting haha

yea, my girlfriend said she heard somone say "i dont like MTX"... i thought that was quite funny... because it was only a $45 speaker and it sounds awesome for what its used for.

btw, i decided after i graduate HS (june ish) im gonna take my back seat out, get another shocker and like a visonik v900hc run each channel 2000w rms at .5 ohm and use the trunk as an enclosure (gonna build box into the trunk from the back seat area...i'll need some help building/installing that so when time comes, ill be asking for a little help

thats cool. my girlfriend is doing the same thing. but 2 shocker 15's in that little gism is gonna be a tight freaking squeeze mang. i dont even think you can do that :p:

id stick with the single 15 off like 1500~2000 watts personally. that car will get mighty loud with just that 15 in the right ported box. :yumyum:

its_bacon12
02-01-2005, 12:53 PM
thats cool. my girlfriend is doing the same thing. but 2 shocker 15's in that little gism is gonna be a tight freaking squeeze mang. i dont even think you can do that :p:

id stick with the single 15 off like 1500~2000 watts personally. that car will get mighty loud with just that 15 in the right ported box. :yumyum:

well i'll do some measuring etc... if its a tight squeeze, i'd be willing to cut some metal (as long as later on i can put in seat again) and fit another

but if i decide to go with just 1 shocker, i'm gonna use a visonik v4000xd at 2 ohm, slap around 3500w rms on it

and i'll use a couple ports maybe and a couple port plugs for comp, daily drive and diffreent music types (50hz for comp, 40hz for rap, 30 for my metal :D )

haha i already cant wait to do this

req
02-01-2005, 01:10 PM
gonna be quite a feat of ... wood. :p:

bumpncarstereo
02-02-2005, 04:26 PM
how about a my goal, a 15 xxx in my mazda..... probally gonna need to go fiberglass for the enclosure, along with some other things done if FG. so you still up for helping me REQ?

req
02-03-2005, 10:45 AM
FG=FUN!

espically if its not my car and money i get to play with :)

Strecker25
02-09-2005, 11:38 PM
make sure we post when you guys wanna do a little meet again, i still say we find a mic...maybe i can convince ROC to let us down there, or pete up at aaw might have access to one. Also my buddy is building his second 944, and this ones turbo. Should be a quick little bastard when its done, he said hed like to come out there with me if we get together

bumpncarstereo
02-14-2005, 10:20 AM
i know ecko got metered at AAW, but he paid like $30 i think so if you can get us cheap mic time that would be sweeeeeeeeetttttttttt

req
02-14-2005, 10:26 AM
cheap mic time = good

if my saturn has got any portion of my deadener and a temp setup - id be happy to get some crappy numbers :)

maybe if we all pay like $10 - we can have the mic all day?

Strecker25
02-14-2005, 11:37 PM
i know ecko got metered at AAW, but he paid like $30 i think so if you can get us cheap mic time that would be sweeeeeeeeetttttttttt

im assuming it was the aaw in henrietta? thats the big one but i know pete who runs the ridge road one by the mall next time im up there ill see if we could work somthin out.

its_bacon12
02-16-2005, 04:33 PM
hey guys...i was assigned a senior project for government today and i got thinking, maybe i could host a soundoff/ showoff somewhere around here, with a small price of admission, and a buncha guys and meter, concession stand buncha crap - all funds raised donated to a charity

idk just a thought, i would probably do it early june like the 7th or something

LMK what you guys think!

oh and plus i was thinking about starting a team with one of my friends around here where i live (actually caledonia) after i get my install done ...we'll see

its_bacon12
02-19-2005, 10:43 AM
any thoughts any1?

Loudrango112
02-19-2005, 11:08 AM
sounds sweet if you actually got it to happen!

Strecker25
02-19-2005, 11:21 AM
im in for june as long as my car is driveable (turbo lumina :up2somet: )

req
02-19-2005, 03:07 PM
yo - if i get some work done when the weather gets nice, id be glad to show up, but i doubt my SPL will even be able to touch my SQ if you understand me, i should be getting an ascendant avalanche quite soon (by next week if all goes well)

that in ~2 cubes@really low tuning should sound awesome.

VOA_NIGHTMARE
02-19-2005, 04:23 PM
and you know if I aint workn I Am gona be there and I am lookn to get one set up as well.

bumpncarstereo
02-19-2005, 09:03 PM
ya got to have it on a tuesday? can it be on a friday or saturday? lol. i would be down if i have all my stuff in by then (i hope), any one got a garage i can use???

req
02-19-2005, 11:04 PM
oh ****. a tuesday? **** do it on a saturday or somthin, i cant get to ****in rochester on a tuesday!

WTF :p:

fruhead
02-21-2005, 01:32 AM
I may be able to get ahold of a mic from work. Somebody post up when they want to meet up again. I'm bummed I missed out on this post, I would've shown up if I had known about it.

req
02-21-2005, 08:38 AM
where do ya work at and what kind of mic can you get hooked up with? i should be getting an RTA setup in the summertime - so i might have that to play with if anyone is interested in driving their lame asses to syracuse.

but thats not until i get my **** installed :(

and the weather warms up.

fruhead
02-22-2005, 10:17 PM
I work at the stereo shop, and I've been asking to find out if there's one in the area that I can use...

Loudrango112
02-22-2005, 10:29 PM
Hey... when it gets close to the time of this "comp" im going to post it on www.roclife.org ... thats a local forum for rochester area.... and they have comps and stuff so it will double our "gathering"

bumpncarstereo
02-24-2005, 09:19 PM
i just registered there, there seems to be a lil bit of carauido lovin' but mostly it is performance