PDA

View Full Version : Alpine 9830 Users Enter ->

vec2000
01-27-2005, 02:40 PM
I just bought a 9830 and have yet to install it... I took the advice of folks on here that said it has great SQ but wanted to know what I am in for setting the thing up. I head that the menu system is complicated and not user friendly.. Your opinions on this allegation? How hard easy is it to change bass/treble/fader/balance while driving down the road, and is the time correction that noticable when dealing with Coaxial speakers (for now) in the door? Also, how is the internal amp? Lemme Know please, thanks!

!

Vestax
01-27-2005, 03:08 PM
If you're not familiar with the Alpine interface, then it is not at all easy to adjust tonality. The 9830 actually has a 4 band parametric EQ, so there's no basic bass and treble adjustments. The fader/balance is easy to adjust but this deck's other processing features goes through a menu and you wouldn't be able to adjust them easily while driving.

If you want something more simpler, go with the 9827, otherwise a Pioneer Deck would be a lot more user friendly.

FLipFlop
01-29-2005, 03:15 AM
It takes a little bit of getting used to if its your first Alpine Unit.
When I installed mines, first it sounded like crap, but then I realized that the EQ had to be fiddled with to get it just to your preference. I have the 9833 and I love it. Be prepared to sit and play with the unit for quite a bit.

jrodfoo
02-01-2005, 03:26 PM
Yeah I just bought the 9830 unit, and I've been messing with the EQ settings for a few days now, I just can't get it to sound good with my crappy factory speakers. I am going to upgrade those in awhile here, but i wanted to get it set for now, I'm just having a hard time getting the bass and treble adjusted, I listen to rock music , It just sounds muffled, its like the highs are not adjusted, I know there are frequency settings and all that fun stuff, I guess there is I-personalilze option on Alpine's site where you can adjust your settings and then print them out to set up, I just was wondering if anyone had any good settings to go by who has this particular unit. I will mess with it more this evening. any help in the right direction would be great.

ighettoboyi
02-02-2005, 11:02 PM
^^ no...lol just read the manual it didn't take me that long to figure out. you have to go through the 4 bands and each one has between 3 and 4 frequencies depending on the band. and from there adjust. me personally i bumped all of them (i dont remember maybe not the bass). have fun