PDA

View Full Version : lookie what i got today**pics**

bonesninja
01-27-2005, 01:27 PM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-10/867781/DSC00472.JPG
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-10/867781/DSC00473.JPG

yay!!!!my girlfriend must love me alot---she bought it for me.

ndnbolla
01-27-2005, 02:10 PM
get that installed man, i want to see more.

g30ffr3y
01-27-2005, 02:20 PM
really nice deck man!!!

sounds like youve got one heck of a girlfriend... was it your
birthday or something???

bonesninja
01-27-2005, 03:11 PM
lol nope--that ain't til august

Expy2000
01-27-2005, 03:13 PM
Have your girlfriend buy me a new digital cam...

I love ALPINE!!!!

g30ffr3y
01-27-2005, 03:13 PM
well congrats then on a good deck and girlfriend...

ive gotta get mine to buy me some new gear... : )

tRiGgEr
01-27-2005, 03:14 PM
Hah Ca.com in the backround.

Strecker25
01-27-2005, 03:18 PM
im workin on a new alt from mine :)

bonesninja
01-27-2005, 03:19 PM
well congrats then on a good deck and girlfriend...

ive gotta get mine to buy me some new gear... : )
lol--right now i'm workin on her gettin me 2 15"XXX's and a couple amps to juice em with.

1200mk
01-27-2005, 03:48 PM
****.... i wish the girl i was dating would get me one! i would feel bad for taking it though.

:(

theCybe
01-27-2005, 04:48 PM
Can I have your girlfriend, please?

bonesninja
01-27-2005, 05:03 PM
lol ...............................................NO! !!!!
but anyways....out with the old
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-10/867781/DSC00475.JPG

in with the new
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-10/867781/DSC00476.JPG

g30ffr3y
01-27-2005, 05:04 PM
my girlfriend wants to move in soon... i guess if i let
her the "rent" i will charge her will get me some new
toys to play with...

bonesninja
01-27-2005, 05:09 PM
i will say this about my new alpine----it is definately NOT for a beginner. ****-it has sooooo many options i could easily see how someone would not get the sound they want out of one of these, but as far as everything else goes...i love it.

swaptrex
01-27-2005, 05:12 PM
lucky! where did you get a girlfriend like that? got any more?

bonesninja
01-27-2005, 05:13 PM
lucky! where did you get a girlfriend like that? got any more?
head south on I-75 til you hit lima, ohio

Sidulator
01-27-2005, 06:10 PM
LOL..she bought it because she's your girlfriend. I used to have a girlfriend that used to do stuff like that for me. Now my wife, which coincidentally is the same person, tells me I spend too much on car audio. Go figure

denim
01-27-2005, 06:16 PM
very nice of her

XDrkmanX
01-27-2005, 08:31 PM
i will say this about my new alpine----it is definately NOT for a beginner. ****-it has sooooo many options i could easily see how someone would not get the sound they want out of one of these, but as far as everything else goes...i love it.

Looking in to maybe getting the same deck in the future.

Could you go into a little more detail on what exactly you mean by this.

:awesome: 9835

Got to go.....Yu gi oh's on :blush:

desertheat
01-27-2005, 08:47 PM
The 9835 is not a beginners deck. You pretty much need to have a mid level to advanced level of understanding when it comes to audio equipment to make use of it. Basically if you do not understand what a crossover slope is, how time alignment works ect... you will be lost with this deck.

XDrkmanX
01-27-2005, 08:54 PM
Crossover Basics:
A crossover is a filter. Passive crossovers use capacitors and/or inductors in between the amplifier and the speaker to block/pass different ranges of frequencies (e.g. block the bass from the mids, block the bass and mids from the tweeters, block mids and highs from the woofers...). Passive crossovers allow different types of speakers (woofers, mids, tweeters) to be driven from a single full range amplifier and will only allow the proper frequencies to go to each individual speaker. Electronic crossovers use op-amps to divide up the frequencies. Electronic crossovers go in the preamp line before the amplifier.

CROSSOVER ROLLOFF
Crossover rolloff (or slope) describes the rate which the audio level increases/decreases per octave as the frequency increases/decreases. It is usually given as a number (6, 12, 18, 24...) of dB per octave. Electronic crossovers commonly have a 12dB/octave slope. This means that every time the frequency of the audio signal is changed by a factor of 2 (one octave), the level of the audio signal will change by 12dB.

Graph Legend:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cyan = 6dB/octave
Red = 12dB/octave
Green = 18dB/octave
Violet = 24dB/octave
http://img183.exs.cx/img183/5666/xover2nm.gif

The diagram above shows both high pass and low pass crossover filters with the 4 most common slopes. The crossover point is the frequency at which the level of the signal is 3dB down (for a Butterworth alignment - to be discussed later) from the level of the pass band (the crossover point is about 650hz in this diagram). The pass band is simply the part of the audio band which is unaffected by the crossover's filters

chubby
01-27-2005, 09:06 PM
one of the best posts ever ^^^

desertheat
01-27-2005, 09:43 PM
Hahaha I was not questioning your knowledge, I was letting you know about the 9835 :) I have seen to many on here an other forums buy it and then cannot do crap with it and complain that it is to hard to use when in fact for the more experienced it is pure magic :)

By the way, you forgot to expand on time alignment hahaha ;)

CarlB
01-27-2005, 09:47 PM
It isn't that they are hard to start with. You can use it just like any other deck. And then you can slowly start tweaking things as you learn. Just don't touch anything unless you know what you are doing, or something can start to sound worse than it is :P

monte_carlo97
01-27-2005, 09:51 PM
nice deck man. I will have to pay you a visit so time to see it.

Any news on the get together in cincy that you were talking about.

jtomsic
01-27-2005, 09:52 PM
wish my gf would pay for..anything lol.

XDrkmanX
01-27-2005, 10:20 PM
Time Alignment
Many years ago the term 'time alignment' referred to speaker placement in large auditoriums, churches, stadiums, race courses, etc. Sound travels at approx 344 meters / sec. The large distance between speakers could cause excessive echoes. Signal to distant speakers is electronicly delayed, at the equivalent of 344 meters / sec. In recent years modern marketing trends have made 'time alignment' also refer to the very small distances, between voice coil alignments, of woofer and tweeter.

At the point where the woofer crosses over to the tweeter, both cones should be moving in phase. When mounted in a box, the woofer and tweeter voice coils are slightly out of vertical alignment. Technical management of time alignment, has always been known. Recent marketing trends have made 'time-alignment' into an obsession. Time alignment can also be looked at when listening to a musical group, or an orchestra. The musicians being in different places, left, right, forward or back
http://img184.exs.cx/img184/658/a06timealign2ba.gif

In the examples given, sound from the woofer arrives late by less than half a milli-second (1/2 a thousandth of a second), relative to the tweeter. This causes a lobe or small shift in polar response, on axis, at the crossover point, only. Time alignment shifts, effect detail points, in the frequency and polar response, but do not effect overall sound energy and enjoyment of music. Some audiophile systems have speakers at the sides, rear or facing upward, spreading sound around the room. Facing speakers in different directions, increases time-alignment shifts, lobeing, and comb filter distortion, decreasing intelligibility, while making contradictory marketing statements, about 'time-alignment' correction. .http://img184.exs.cx/img184/6353/a06offaxisalign1vv.gif

Small shifts caused by vertical crossover alignments, are difficult to hear and measure. A trained ear can hear subtle differences, of alignment shifts, during real time switching comparison only, but not when stationary. That is: the ear is unable to pick which speaker is in alignment, forward or back, in a double blind test. Correction for time alignment is purely academic and it can be done. There are those who can not sleep unless this correction is implemented.

Many recording studio monitors have time alignment correction as reference.
http://img184.exs.cx/img184/3795/a06steppedbaffel1sx.gif

One solution, is to simply move the speakers so the voice coils are physically aligned. The other, is to use complex high order passive crossovers, designed with time alignment correction. This introduces other losses, which are often more detrimental. Most domestic and professional passive speaker systems rarely use this correction. Active crossovers can have time alignment correction that does not contribute losses in other areas.

Exaggerated Time Alignment Experiments
Time Alignment experiments can be exaggerated, with 2 microphones at full range, one physically forward of the other. With exaggerated, continual large movement of one mic, 3ft/1m, a choral flanging effect is heard, but not when stationary. The experiment repeated, with the 2 mics crossed over, high pass and low pass, (similar to a speaker crossover). With small static movements similar to the distances of woofer and tweeter alignments, the ear cannot pick which mic is in alignment, forward or back. Meaning, the ear cannot hear small static shifts in phase.

http://img184.exs.cx/img184/8690/a06combfilter9wq.gif

The experiments can be repeated, with 2 speakers at full range, one physically forward of the other. With exaggerated, continual large movement of one speaker, 3ft/1m, a choral flanging effect is heard, but not when stationary. Again, time alignment can also be questioned, when listening to a musical group, or an orchestra. The instruments are in different places, left and right, forward and back.

Marketing Fads
There are fads in marketing inferring that the words 'time-aligned' alone, magically transform the whole sound quality, believing this is more important than using quality speakers. The term 'time-aligned', can be used at random, stamped on products, similar to washing machines stamped with 'heavy duty'. There are audiophiles who have obsessions with 'time alignment', that go beyond having a sense of perspective. These obsessions are equivalent, to painting a single grain of sand a different colour, throwing it back in the beach, and expecting to find it, when one is allready unable to find ones keys.

desertheat
01-27-2005, 10:35 PM
HAHAHA man I was just kidding but nice post. To funny :)

XDrkmanX
01-27-2005, 10:52 PM
Hahaha I was not questioning your knowledge, I was letting you know about the 9835 :) I have seen to many on here an other forums buy it and then cannot do crap with it and complain that it is to hard to use when in fact for the more experienced it is pure magic :)

By the way, you forgot to expand on time alignment hahaha ;)

I didn't think you where questioning my knowledge or lack there of.

I was just posting it for my knowledge as well as others who might have the same questions that I do.

bonesninja
01-28-2005, 04:02 PM
nice deck man. I will have to pay you a visit so time to see it.

Any news on the get together in cincy that you were talking about.
let me know when you wanna stop up man---i think we were lookin at May the 14th which is a saturday.

300m_on_xxx
02-02-2005, 01:17 PM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-10/867781/DSC00472.JPG
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-10/867781/DSC00473.JPG

yay!!!!my girlfriend must love me alot---she bought it for me.
a we have the same printer nice deck :D

joeboxer5876
02-15-2005, 12:05 PM
does your girlfriend have a sister. maybe her mom would buy me a new alpine. let me know. i dont mind the older women.

bonesninja
02-15-2005, 03:42 PM
no sisters and her mom passed away last year---sorry

joeboxer5876
02-15-2005, 04:21 PM
i guess that wasnt so funny. im very sorry to hear that. i wish your girlfriend the best. :(