PDA

View Full Version : Need help ASAP, need to send woofer out...

btnhfan
01-26-2005, 03:24 PM
Should I go with a 12" or 15" woofer for my civic? I will be using the 9500 in MECA and SLAP, and was wondering which would work better with a m1 on each coil. Which would be more efficient? I am trying to get around 8 cubes.

InhumanAcura
01-26-2005, 04:38 PM
lol@ 8 cubes...

What frequency does your car like? Base that on what subs you get...

From what I understand those M1's dont come alive till ~.25ohm...You might want to evaluate rules, and plan things out before you even think about subs..If you really want to get serious, look into getting test equipment..

btnhfan
01-26-2005, 04:45 PM
From what I have heard, the resonant freq of my civic is between 60 and 70. Im giong to try to get as much box space as I can, building it into the trunk and using lots of glass. Yes I have heard that as well, except it was around .5 ohm, from what was posted on the DD forum. Im basically getting an older 9515 for free and was upgrading it, and wanted to know if I should get 12" or 15". Im getting it for 130, which is real good deal for that. And I am buying an oscilloscope, and possibly test equip.

The reason I am getting those subs is because of the MECA fuse ratings. I want to give them a large a fuse as possible and still stay in the lowest street class.

InhumanAcura
01-26-2005, 05:00 PM
From what I have heard, the resonant freq of my civic is between 60 and 70. Im giong to try to get as much box space as I can, building it into the trunk and using lots of glass. Yes I have heard that as well, except it was around .5 ohm, from what was posted on the DD forum. Im basically getting an older 9515 for free and was upgrading it, and wanted to know if I should get 12" or 15". Im getting it for 130, which is real good deal for that. And I am buying an oscilloscope, and possibly test equip.

The reason I am getting those subs is because of the MECA fuse ratings. I want to give them a large a fuse as possible and still stay in the lowest street class.

before you go glassing and building in the trunk build a few medium and small ported boxes and test them..Bigger isnt better in my experience..

btnhfan
01-26-2005, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the advice. My first comp isnt until 4/24, so I can build and experiment lots of times, and I found a mic within 30min drive. Or I might buy one. How can I tell what the impedence rise will be in the box? Because now I was looking at getting a MT with dual .7's.

InhumanAcura
01-26-2005, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the advice. My first comp isnt until 4/24, so I can build and experiment lots of times, and I found a mic within 30min drive. Or I might buy one. How can I tell what the impedence rise will be in the box? Because now I was looking at getting a MT with dual .7's.

Id get the dual 1.4's and run each amp @ .35 (if they're strappable?)
I wouldnt so much worry about box rise umtil you find what the car likes..To be honest I havent even messed with it..

Moe Lester
01-26-2005, 05:21 PM
The larger the box, the easier its gonna be to unload your sub... our lethal injections would kill themselves in the recommended 2.5 cubes, we have to put them in ~1.5-1.75 cubes to keep the cone under control.

btnhfan
01-26-2005, 05:51 PM
Hmm. Thanks for all the advice. Im getting a real good deal on the 9515. Ill mess around with that first I think, and if I cant get it as loud as I like, Ill try out the MT. Yes they are strapable.