PDA

View Full Version : Alpine or Panasonic HU?

bevo993071
01-26-2005, 03:07 PM
Whats up yall, I am debating between the Alpine CDA-9831 or the Panasonic CQ-C8100U. I am not going to compete in anything i just want a overall good and clear sound. I will eventually amp the speakers but thats going to be a little while. I just bought a new car and I am comming from scratch. Let me know by PM or just a post-

Thanks

Alpine2005
01-26-2005, 03:58 PM
alpine headunits sound super clean

panasonic are not so clear

mtx4life
01-27-2005, 03:17 AM
I agree with alpine2005 my alpine 9835 is the best investment i made yet on my car audio... best sound! good quality.. ya cant beat that

VOA_NIGHTMARE
01-27-2005, 03:23 AM
I had the 8100 and I have had alpines as well, a few modles of both pan and alp. I personaly like the panasonics. For the fact that I like there internal crossovers better than alpines. On a few of my systems I went for spl only and kept my stock door speakers. And the panasonic made them sound so much better than the alpines did. But If I was not going to run stock speaks, I do enjoy some of the things of alpines. ITs a pretty tuff one for me. But over all I enjoyed the look of the 8100 alot more as well. Good luck on choosing, I dont think you will be unhappy with either. The other reason I like that panasonic is everyone uses the alpines. I just like to be alittle diffrent at times :0)

VOA_NIGHTMARE
01-27-2005, 03:24 AM
2 things I forgot to add, the panasonic has the 9 band eq that is really nice and plays mp3s well and fast. The alpines for me just didnt seem to load as fast. Prob about 8-10 sec for the alpine to load and like 3-4 for the panasonic. Just some more info. I also belive mine was a high end panasonic as well, so look into that, i think it was like I believe it was a 9700 so check the diffrence out between them as well. I am sorry about posting that stuff but do a check.