PDA

View Full Version : suggestions for component speakers

zimmer82
01-25-2005, 10:05 PM
im in need of suggestions for some component speakers for my truck. i want them to be able to play loud and clear by just running them off of the HU.
i've heard polk momo's (sound awesome IMO), pioneer (alright for being powered by stock chevy HU), kenwoods, and infinity.
**also have heard that the alpine type r's sound good too**

wondering if these brands are any good?? which brands do u recommend to be running off of the pioneer HU i have (check sig).
50x4 peak 22x4 rms

zimmer82
01-25-2005, 10:23 PM
also.... i dont want anything that produces alot of bass because i dont want to have to put crossovers or bass blockers on them (whatever they're called)

the pioneers that ive heard dont produce much bass...what other brands dont produce much bass?

Expy2000
01-25-2005, 10:29 PM
The R's are nice, I think they are around 130ish

Oz audio was running a special something I thougth a while ago.. 110 for a set.. Might want to search on here for those..

Trancer
01-25-2005, 11:35 PM
The R's are nice, I think they are around 130ish

Oz audio was running a special something I thougth a while ago.. 110 for a set.. Might want to search on here for those..

What components are you running? Wondering since you are like within 10 miles from me...

Not trying to hijack your thread bro. Would be nice to listen to his since he is close... Two ears would be good and then I could get back to you on what his sound like.

squeak9798
01-26-2005, 09:36 AM
If you are running off of HU power, I'd suggest you go with a good quality co-axial rather than a component set.

Boston Acoustics, Focal, Alpine, Pioneer REV series, etc etc.

zimmer82
01-26-2005, 04:27 PM
squeak....whats the difference in running a component speaker opposed to a co-axial speaker.....less bass?....less trouble installing??

squeak9798
01-26-2005, 04:29 PM
squeak....whats the difference in running a component speaker opposed to a co-axial speaker.....less bass?....less trouble installing??

Less overall performance in general. BUT, IMO you are wasting money on a comp set if you aren't going to amp them. They are designed for higher powered applications. Use co-axials off of HU power so that you can (usually) fully utilize their performance potential instead of running a comp set and barely using 1/10th of their performance potential

zimmer82
01-26-2005, 04:32 PM
alright thanx.....which alpines/pioneer/polk do u recommend?

are the polk momo series a component set up or co-axial?

3.5Max6spd
01-26-2005, 05:56 PM
why not get the polk Momo's? You seem to have heard them and like'd them-

desi_daru
01-26-2005, 07:30 PM
also.... i dont want anything that produces alot of bass because i dont want to have to put crossovers or bass blockers on them (whatever they're called)

u only need those bass blockers if the speakers cant handle the bass there recieving from the hu, so basically u only have to do this is if ur hu has the BASS setting cranked
oh ya, like above posts of have said if ur running them off hu us co-ax, if u get components amp them

zimmer82
01-26-2005, 07:35 PM
thanx to all that posted.....making my decision alot easier