PDA

View Full Version : Once again--more recommendations

PedsFlightRN
01-25-2005, 04:32 AM
I have a new '04 Toyota 4Runner with the upgraded JBL sound system. It is a 10 speaker system that has a factory amp, sub, and center speaker. I am not at all impressed with the sound and am trying to decide how to upgrade. I considered a new HU, but that seems like it will be the most work intensive because I will basically have to tear out the whole system and start from scratch. So at this point I am thinking about new speakers. There are 6x9 in the front doors, but I want to switch to 6.5" components. I have had Infinity's in the past and found them to be very tiring on the ears because they were so harsh. I am looking for something with good SQ, but something natural sounding. I like to listen to my music loud on some occasions so it would nice if they also don't distort too much. Thanks in advance for suggestions. I would be willing to spend $350 or maybe a little more, but of course if there is something out there that is very good but cheaper that would be wonderful! :D

squeak9798
01-25-2005, 09:37 AM
You going to purchase an amp for these 6.5" components?

PedsFlightRN
01-25-2005, 05:47 PM
Yes, I definitely could, especially if it is needed.

squeak9798
01-25-2005, 05:50 PM
Well, an amp is definitely needed for a comp set :)

Anyways, check out Boston Acoustics, Focal, OZ Audio, Rainbow, MB Quart, Diamond Audio, Image Dynamics, Alpine. They all have good comp sets in your price range.

6three6mafia6
01-25-2005, 06:34 PM
i got a perfect speaker for you, the arc audio acs 265's. i have also owned infinity reference components and kappa 6x9 kodas and have hear several other sepakers, and those are the most natural sounding speakers i have ever heard, the tweeter is a silk dome and is very smooth, i prefer louder tweeters but the sound is very warm. too laid back for me though but thats definently a set to look at.