PDA

View Full Version : Head Unit Fuse?

deeznuts
01-24-2005, 06:30 PM
Hi
I have the alpine 9827 head unit and it didnt come with the fuse assembly. A friend of mine has the same head unit and it had a fuse on the yellow wire. I was wondering what that fuse does and do I need to go find one off ebay and wire it up? I wired the head unit without the fuse and it seems to work fine without it. I need all the help I can get and sorry if it was a stupid question cuz i know lil about this kind of stuff. thank you.

unrealii
01-25-2005, 01:22 AM
Hi
I have the alpine 9827 head unit and it didnt come with the fuse assembly. A friend of mine has the same head unit and it had a fuse on the yellow wire. I was wondering what that fuse does and do I need to go find one off ebay and wire it up? I wired the head unit without the fuse and it seems to work fine without it. I need all the help I can get and sorry if it was a stupid question cuz i know lil about this kind of stuff. thank you.
Go to an auto store, they shoudl sell inline fuse holders.

Vestax
01-25-2005, 01:25 AM
The one that comes with the hu actually serves as a filter as well, but it's not really needed, and besides, your car will have its own fuse.

If you're insisting on getting one, just get any 10 amp fuse, either AGU or Maxi.