PDA

View Full Version : Hifonics Zues Comps for $60? Good Deal?

PollyCranopolis
01-24-2005, 03:08 AM
I was looking for a cheap set of comps to replace my ****** audiobahn 600t comps in the rear of my car. Found this link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5746419287&fromMakeTrack=true for a set of hifonic 6'5's. I've heard many people say the Hifonics Class D amp series are a good deal for the money. Any comments on how their components stand up? Tahnx

squeak9798
01-24-2005, 09:50 AM
I wouldn't waste my money.........especially on a speaker that has built in LED's :wow:

Depending on what you have in the front, I'd say either ditch your rears all together or just look for decently priced, decent sounding co-axials that you can pick up from your local dealers.

PollyCranopolis
01-24-2005, 02:56 PM
HAve a set of CDT 61a 6.5's in the front getting about 220 watts a piece (sounds great). I'm still leaning towards keeping my rear fills to even out the sound, so I dont have all my highs blasting up front. Like I said earlier, My audiobahn comps in the back ****. Found those hifonics for dirt cheap. Figured they would at least perform better than the audiobahns for next to nothing. I'd figure however that almost any set of comps would outperform most sets of co-axils that I could pick up at the local store and wouldnt have to pay an arm and a leg for (Sony, Pinoneer, Kenwood, etc.). I have always gotten way to much bleedover on co-axil sets between the woofer and the tweet. Any comments or suggestions? Looking to pay no more than $100 bucks for some rear fills. Thanx again! L

squeak9798
01-24-2005, 03:06 PM
I'd figure however that almost any set of comps would outperform most sets of co-axils that I could pick up at the local store and wouldnt have to pay an arm and a leg for (Sony, Pinoneer, Kenwood, etc.).

I wouldn't make that assumption ;)

Check out the Pioneer REV series co-axials. They are a really good set of co-axials. Boston Acoustics makes great co-axials aswell. I personally like some of the "higher end" Alpine co-axials. Or, CDT makes some co-axials for a decent price (since that's what you have in front).

Honestly, for the price range you are looking at.....I'd rather buy a higher quality co-axial than a very low end comp set.

dogears
01-24-2005, 11:32 PM
How about the cdt coaxials for fill since you like the cdt's up front. I used the 6.5's and they sounded good for fill and you spend about $40 from the zeb.