PDA

View Full Version : 01 Mustang Front Speakers

PaLiAcH
01-24-2005, 01:09 AM
hey yall,

im looking at my choices for upgrading my speakers in my mustang (coupe) with the mach setup....

i have an alpine headunit and am going to have 3 10's (sealed) with a hifonics amp. the whole car has been dynamated with xtreme.

ive done a search and obviously component setup is the way to go for clarity. the mach setup has stock tweeters on the a pillar of door...

what would be a decent upgrade without modifiing anything? crutchfield shows 5.25 but people have told me 6.5's fit.. is this true?

what is the most powerful i can go with without being too deep? price range, no more than $400

thanx!

oh and an amp to power them too...

PaLiAcH
01-24-2005, 03:06 AM
by the way.. i am concerned with quality. obivously, system wil automatically be louder with amp and headunit compared to stock correct? and that will be fine... also, i listen to all kinds of music really, mainly rap and rock...

but i would like it to be clear....

would i be better with coaxials???

squeak9798
01-24-2005, 10:09 AM
what would be a decent upgrade without modifiing anything? crutchfield shows 5.25 but people have told me 6.5's fit.. is this true?

I'm not sure specifically about Mustang's, but majority of the time all that is required is an MDF mounting ring, and 6.5's will fit. Really depends upon how much room you have behind the door panel.

what is the most powerful i can go with without being too deep? price range, no more than $400

You have $400 to spend on speakers and an amp, or just on speakers?

PaLiAcH
01-24-2005, 01:03 PM
lets say between $400-$600 for amp, speakers, wiring kit...

thanx!

squeak9798
01-24-2005, 02:57 PM
Well, then I would spend ~$300-$350 on a good set of comps, $150-$200 on a good amp and $50 on wiring.

For comp sets, look into OZ Audio, DLS, Focal, Boston Acoustics, Image Dynamics, Rainbow, Arc Audio, MB Quart, Diamond Audio, Alpine, etc etc. For amps in that price range, look into Profile, US Acoustics, JBL, Avionixx, MTX and Clarion. Wiring = Walmart or local dealers.