PDA

View Full Version : Help with crossovers on Pioneer 4600

s5pitfire
01-23-2005, 04:38 PM
I have the pioneer DEH 4600 and i want to keep ALL of the bass out of my front speakers. I want my rears to have the mids and the fronts just have highs. I wanna leave all the bass to my subs so it sounds much cleaner.
I have no idea how to make my head unit filter out the lows... so could anyone help me out?

KaeZoo
01-24-2005, 12:54 AM
There is no high pass crossover function on the DEH-MP4600. You'll have either get passive crossovers, or run your speakers with an amplifier, which will allow you to use the amp's crossovers or a separate active crossover.

BOOKER
01-24-2005, 09:51 AM
s5pitfire I've always used Pioneer head units, and YES you can do that, it has a feature named FIE (front image enhancer) and it does just that, cuts the bass out of your front speakers. BTW it is definately not as accurate as an external crossover or a built in amp crossover but it does the job.
:imdama:

s5pitfire
01-24-2005, 06:43 PM
Well i pressed the "audio" button (i think thats it) a few times until i found the "L" "M" and "H" settings...each one went from -4 to +4... and i just made the highs +3 and the lows -2...
my music sounds SO much cleaner now (my fronts dont *try* to kick out bass) but my subs put out much less bass...*****.

KaeZoo
01-24-2005, 07:01 PM
s5pitfire I've always used Pioneer head units, and YES you can do that, it has a feature named FIE (front image enhancer) and it does just that, cuts the bass out of your front speakers. BTW it is definately not as accurate as an external crossover or a built in amp crossover but it does the job.
:imdama:

That is the opposite of what FIE does. It removes the highs from the rear speakers, not the bass from the fronts. The purpose is to make it seem like the sound is coming from the fronts.

BOOKER
01-24-2005, 10:48 PM
Ooooppsss sorry bro KaeZoo is right, that is how it works, but to find it you have to enter on the function button and set it on, I think that you can choose the cutting frequency, but I'm not sure.