PDA

View Full Version : Clarion DXZ835MP or Eclipse CD5444

jdmhybridaccord
01-21-2005, 09:46 PM
which one would you get, and why?

JLCivic
01-21-2005, 09:48 PM
I posted on your thread on SD, but as to why I would take the Eclipse. IMO, Eclipse makes a better sounding deck. I had the 835, and while a good deck, my system sounded much smoother once I went to the 8053.

The 835 should be cheaper though if that is an issue.

jdmhybridaccord
01-21-2005, 10:14 PM
no wonder your stuff is so familiar thanks again hah

i just gotta get more opinions, im really torn between these 2

hey im just curious, does the cd5444 have time alignment, and for the crossovers, can they be set anywhere from 0-24?? for the EQ, is it a 13 band graphic and a 3 band parametric.. or it is only 13 band? and seeing that u have an ipod, how does it plug into the elcipse? and also.. where is the subwoofer control? is it easy to get to, or is it a menu driven thing heh sorry for askin so many dang ques, but i had to know, thanks alot

JLCivic
01-21-2005, 10:18 PM

Yeah, it's me. I only ran the 835 for a couple of months. It sounded pretty good, was easy to use, display was easy to read in daylight and the toggle switch on the faceplate to control the sub was nice(I am not a tweaker at all, but it was very convenient).

I would still take the Eclipse though.

jdmhybridaccord
01-21-2005, 10:20 PM
right now im leaning like 60/40 eclipse/clarion, but i was hoping u can clear up some ques i had heh

JLCivic
01-21-2005, 10:25 PM
right now im leaning like 60/40 eclipse/clarion, but i was hoping u can clear up some ques i had heh

If you listen to me, there will be no question as to what to buy lol.

Bottomline: With the clarion, I could not get everything to sound "right" no matter how much tweaking I/the shop did on the deck(it does not have an incredibly extensive eq, anyway). One of the owners of the shop(these guys have been friends of mine for over 10 years), simply said, "you need to go back to an eclipse." The only reason I had strayed from Eclipse(cd8051 before the clarion) was that I wanted Sirius, but I didn't want to have to use a separate controller.

10 minutes later, an 8053 was in my dash and set flat, it sounded perfect.

jdmhybridaccord
01-21-2005, 10:30 PM
heh thx, i've been wanting the 5444 for awhile, but when i found out about the 835, and how it fit my needs just a bit better i've also wanted that.. but i think i'll just go to the shop monday, with $350 so i can buy either one, and play with them both for awhile, im thinking i win either way

hey also can u please please help me answer the few questions that i posted above (like 2 posts up)?? thx

Hyybrid89crx_si
01-21-2005, 10:34 PM
How bout you buy my DXZ945MP for 250.....The thread is in the classifieds. Just a thought..lol

jdmhybridaccord
01-21-2005, 10:37 PM
lol its ok, i was about to, but then.. i found out about the 835, and the 2005 clarions, i dont like sticking to one HU for some reason, just watch, but next year i'll find a reason to sell the one im getting and get another one

the past 2 years, i went from a.... 9807 to a 860 to a 9833

JLCivic
01-21-2005, 10:46 PM

hey im just curious, does the cd5444 have time alignment, and for the crossovers, can they be set anywhere from 0-24?? for the EQ, is it a 13 band graphic and a 3 band parametric.. or it is only 13 band? and seeing that u have an ipod, how does it plug into the elcipse? and also.. where is the subwoofer control? is it easy to get to, or is it a menu driven thing heh sorry for askin so many dang ques, but i had to know, thanks alot

I don't have a ton of info on the dsp stuff on the 5444. I know it is not nearly as extensive as the dsp stuff on the 8454. The sub control would be in a menu(easily reached I suspect). You would connect an ipod through the aux in. Eclipse's downloadable brochure might give more insight into the features.

The clarion has no time alignment and a very limited eq, btw.

jdmhybridaccord
01-21-2005, 11:36 PM
thx, i actually had a change of plans, im getting it tomoro if the place is open