PDA

View Full Version : Kicks

HAVINGFUN
01-21-2005, 02:01 PM
How many people (daily folks) run the pods that go down by your feet and if you do does it screw with your footroom etc. They make great sense but I'm afraid that they would be in the way of my feet and the passenger's feet.

iceteebone
01-21-2005, 02:05 PM
How many people (daily folks) run the pods that go down by your feet and if you do does it screw with your footroom etc. They make great sense but I'm afraid that they would be in the way of my feet and the passenger's feet.

they take away some foot room but not enoguh to get your balls in a vice over it. i wear a size 13 shoe and have no problems, although my car has a lot of leg room.

LBX2G
01-21-2005, 02:05 PM
I have the same question.

jujumantb
01-21-2005, 04:37 PM
Yes, but you get used to it quick. I have to tuck my left leg under my right while driving but its no big deal. Passengers kick them alot, but thats why they are called kick pods. I'm planning on making kick panels to replace them (panel on the door)

JAZN
01-22-2005, 12:03 AM
haha ive actually been practicing to see what itd be like to have kicks. i try putting my legs in different positions, but ive learned that im way too dependent on the dead pedal, so imma work on the stock location rather than making kicks.

flakko
01-22-2005, 01:06 AM
haha ive actually been practicing to see what itd be like to have kicks. i try putting my legs in different positions, but ive learned that im way too dependent on the dead pedal, so imma work on the stock location rather than making kicks.

*whew* someone else does that, i thought i was wierd when i was doing it

amedeuce
01-22-2005, 01:29 AM
*whew* someone else does that, i thought i was wierd when i was doing it

x2

BDIDDY
01-22-2005, 11:14 AM
I have them in my cutlass and I don't have very much room at all for my left leg..

I have glassed one of my door panels and plan on getting them wrapped and install them onto the doors sometime. I am just getting tired of no leg room, plus I don't have a emergency brake until i get that fixed..

3.5Max6spd
01-22-2005, 06:27 PM
:)my kicks will be my dead pedal...sacrifice you gotta make if you want to run dual mids

iceteebone
01-22-2005, 06:58 PM
:)my kicks will be my dead pedal...sacrifice you gotta make if you want to run dual mids

this will prbably be a dumb question and i could very easily get flammed for it, but what the hell is a dead pedal?

req
01-22-2005, 07:11 PM
Ebrake maybe?

bri487
01-22-2005, 07:45 PM
i was going to do kick panels in my cobra but i started looking at how i could do it and quickly realized that it would screw with the clutch pedal.

Raven
01-23-2005, 12:08 AM
Dead pedal, probably the emegency brake on any automatic transmission vehicle. =p
I'm starting to consider kicks in my car, but I'd have no idea what shape to make them or where to point the driver's side and passenger side speakers. As long as I can get them up high enough the only thing I'd have to worry about is the occasional bit of water on the cone.

BDIDDY
01-23-2005, 12:43 AM
A dead pedal is probably the area they give you to put your feet. Some cars have a place in the kick the has a pedal like area..

JAZN
01-23-2005, 03:28 AM
its not actually a pedal. its the flat part in the left corner, only on the driver side, and its the designated area to rest ur left foot.

Raven
01-23-2005, 10:13 AM
I thought that was where you put the kick panel.

BDIDDY
01-23-2005, 11:32 AM
I thought that was where you put the kick panel.

It is but some cars have an area made for you to rest your foot....

aphinney
01-23-2005, 11:39 AM
Dead pedal, probably the emegency brake on any automatic transmission vehicle. =p
I'm starting to consider kicks in my car, but I'd have no idea what shape to make them or where to point the driver's side and passenger side speakers. As long as I can get them up high enough the only thing I'd have to worry about is the occasional bit of water on the cone.

u point the passenger side as close as poss to the drivers ear and point the drivers side as close as poss. to the passengers ear.

Raven
01-23-2005, 02:09 PM
u point the passenger side as close as poss to the drivers ear and point the drivers side as close as poss. to the passengers ear.
Heh, thanks for the info. I found that out yesterday. Search button was actually working. =p

bri487
01-23-2005, 05:24 PM
its not actually a pedal. its the flat part in the left corner, only on the driver side, and its the designated area to rest ur left foot.

hence the name "dead" pedal. it does nothing. it is just a foot rest.