PDA

View Full Version : xm to pioneer HU

joeboxer5876
01-21-2005, 12:10 PM
i have the Pioneer deh-p9300 HU. i want to get xm or sirius. i like sirius a little bit more than xm but i want to use the satellite radio controls on my HU. i have never seen a pioneer HU hooked up to XM and i am afraid that you can only change stations by using the left and right track seek control. if thats the case i want a plug and play hooked up with RCA because i dont want to hit a button 50 times so i can find the rap station. i was just woundering if you could use the up and down controls so you can also surf by catagory?

iceteebone
01-21-2005, 02:01 PM
i would personally go with a plug and play. cost pretty much the same and you use it on any radio and take it into your house. sounds decent when you run it through your aux inputs.

clint_col
01-21-2005, 02:41 PM
I own the DEH-760mp and I purchased the XM satelite radio recently. Since my H/U is XM-Ready all I had to buy was the XM turner and Pioneer Smart adapter splice and power and ground and it was ready to go. With my deck there are two modes of goin through the channels. "Channel #" mode and "Channel Category" mode. With channel number mode the left and right go one channel at a time while the up and down cycle through your preset channels just like if would as if you were listening the FM. On category mode left and right cycle one channel just like in # mode but up and down cylce through the categories. ex. ( 1-10 is era's of musics and 11-20 is country, so if i was on channel 7 and pressed up it would take me to channel 11). Hope this helps.

joeboxer5876
01-21-2005, 03:32 PM
thanks alot clint. that does help. i will probably go with the xm now that i know that. i have been to best buy all over and not one had it hooked up to a pioneer HU or any other HU for that matter, only the plug and plays.

clint, do you have the pioneer xm unit or is it the xmdirect unit??

clint_col
01-22-2005, 01:26 PM
I believe its the XM direct. I got mine right after x-mas with a gift card from Circuit City. Got the adapter and tuner for 49.95 a piece if I remember right.

TRK XMD1000 Terk XM™ Universal Tuner (XMDirect™)
TRK XMDPIO100 Terk XMDirect™ Smart Digital Adapter (XMDPIO100)

Circuit City doesn't have them on thier webpage anymore but I am sure you can find them somewhere else

joeboxer5876
01-24-2005, 02:31 PM
i just saw sirius connect on crutchfield today. $100 and i comes with all the addapters