PDA

View Full Version : pioneer headaches

jakesmoke
01-20-2005, 10:42 PM
i understand that pioneer heads have a poor internal ground which is probably why im getting all sorts of engine noises. you can hear a click every time you use the turn signals, hit the brakes, turn on the heater fan, etc. anyone know how to fix this problem? its a deh-4600mp-kicker 650.4 amp-3x5 pioneer speakers in front and waiting for my new boston acoustics 6x9s in rearin a 92 lesabre.thnx .

Expy2000
01-20-2005, 11:02 PM
.... mmm should have bought an Alpine.

bri487
01-20-2005, 11:06 PM
or an eclipse.....

iceteebone
01-21-2005, 01:10 AM
ummm before we all the sudden decide to crap on pioneer you should go through your system first before you ditch the headunit. are your power wires opposite your speaker/rca's? ground the headunit to the battery. i had slight noise with my 8600 and i got a piece of 12 guage wire, grounded it to the battery, no more noise. try new rca's. try a new ground on the amp. maybe the amp is bad?

http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=008251

loserpunk
01-21-2005, 10:28 AM
if you're using the wiring harnesses ground for your h/u that could be a cause too, check all your grounds, gains ect

my thought would be that you need to reground your headunit

AznRevlAzn
01-21-2005, 10:35 AM
definitely check your ground (black wire[should be]) I have the same model and i get no engine noise or clicks or any interference. It's definitely not the HU.

jakesmoke
01-21-2005, 10:08 PM
people-i got new low noise patch cords,new speaker wires that run down the middle of the car away from all other vehicle wires-power wire down the right side. the amps brand new and ive tryed grounding the amp, the head, the battery to about 6 different spots but still no difference.i read about the internal ground problem from another thread-just wondering how to fix it thnx

themainjam
01-21-2005, 10:15 PM
havent had an issue with my pioneer except for when i used bad RCAs.....

johnecon2001
01-21-2005, 11:48 PM
you cant really fix it, unless your an electrical wizard. You'll have to take the deck apart and figure out what inside needs to go to that one ground line coming out of the HU, and then make sure its all hooked up good.

yeah good luck with that, If you can sell it to some fool and buy a newer unit or a different brand altogether.

AznRevlAzn
01-22-2005, 09:21 PM
get yourself a new RCA cable, one that is shielded, it may be just the thing. Other than that or you were 1 in a few hundred thousand that got a bad HU, go back to the store and just get a replacement. Another thing could be the amp.

iceteebone
01-22-2005, 09:23 PM
do you got another headunit you could hook up and see if you still get noise?

ighettoboyi
01-23-2005, 01:01 PM
i doubt its the cables if youre positive everythign is wired and grounded correctly. i had a NASTY internal ground problem on an old kenwood that could not be fixed w/o opening. just got a new h/u and no problems. i wouldn't blame the pioneer though, they seem to be relatively problem free. could just be a bad unit, of course if it happens with another new one and goes away with say..an alpine, then you have something to figure out

jakesmoke
01-26-2005, 08:10 PM
thnx ighettoboyi-the hu is fairly new and after dumping about a grand into a new amp, speakers and wires, im not ready to splurge for a new alpine yet. im absolutely positive the cables are good and wired correctly.dont have a spare head to try-gonna take it out and see if i can get it fixed. i let u know what happens........

Bigrick31
01-26-2005, 08:20 PM
ive used a pioneer for almost 3 years now. i just gounded mine inside my dash to a metal beam that attaches to the floor of my car. ive never expeirenced any problems with it. id check the wiring on it.

profilepower
01-26-2005, 08:27 PM
sum guy saying sell it as good...you see the trash on these boards...never buy used.......

AznRevlAzn
01-26-2005, 08:45 PM
sum guy saying sell it as good...you see the trash on these boards...never buy used.......

you are a total moron you know that?

Bigrick31
01-26-2005, 08:47 PM
lol he probably buys refurbished and dosnt even know it.