PDA

View Full Version : Speakers for dad

lspin01l
01-20-2005, 06:50 PM
Hey,

What speakers should I get to put in my dads car. He got XM for x-mas and usually listens to the talk radio/sports broadcasts. He really likes the type-Rs in my moms car, which I may get some to put in his. He just wants it really clear. Probably wont put an amp to them, and its the stock head unit. He wants to stay around 250-400 for the speakers. Should I get the Type-Rs or something else.

Sachmo12345
01-20-2005, 07:05 PM
im pretty sure you can some of the high end speakers like Focal and MB Quardt in that price range...... wait for a more knowledgable person to post

squeak9798
01-20-2005, 09:49 PM
If you are not going to amp them, stick with co-axials (which means you won't need to spend anywheres close to all of that budget).

For good quality co-axials, check out Boston Acoustics, Rainbow, Focal, Image Dynamics, Alpine, etc.

But, for $400 you could get a nice set of components and a nice amp ;) But seriously, no need to spend the money if you're just looking for something "better than stock"

iceteebone
01-21-2005, 01:36 AM
if he likes the alpine's then go for them. i think it would be a waste to spend $400 on speakers and not amp them. i'll probably get flammed for this but go for some pioneer coaxils. the first system i ever hooked up i bought pioneer coaxils and they sounded pretty good off headunit power. also what size are you looking to get? some passive crossovers for the speakers wouldn't either. they run about $10 for a pair.

squeak9798
01-21-2005, 12:22 PM
i'll probably get flammed for this but go for some pioneer coaxils. the first system i ever hooked up i bought pioneer coaxils and they sounded pretty good off headunit power.

Actually the Pioneer REV series are some pretty nice co-axial speakers.

iceteebone
01-21-2005, 12:25 PM
Actually the Pioneer REV series are some pretty nice co-axial speakers.

i was talking about the kind you get at walmart or best buy, lol

squeak9798
01-21-2005, 12:33 PM
i was talking about the kind you get at walmart or best buy, lol

LMAO.....ey, to each their own I guess :D If it sounds good to your ears, that's all that matters.

iceteebone
01-21-2005, 12:37 PM
LMAO.....ey, to each their own I guess :D If it sounds good to your ears, that's all that matters.

i figure a stock headunit, generally puts out about 10 watts so what is the point in investing in high end speakers unless you will amp them, in that case i would get components. the cheap speakers actually made a nice improvement over my stock ones.

lspin01l
01-21-2005, 06:32 PM
I know 6x9s in the back, and 6.5 in the front. If I were to get an amp for them, how would I hook up the amp to the stock head unit. I have only done installations with an aftermarket head unit.

squeak9798
01-21-2005, 11:24 PM
with a Line Out Convertor