PDA

View Full Version : Alpine 9833 display options?

dmaSTI
01-18-2005, 10:02 PM
Hey all

Just put a 9833 in my subaru, very very nice HU. I've been out of the aftermarket HU scene for about 10 years, amazing the quality of the aftermarket now.

Anyhow, anyone with a 9833 know if the display can be changed? The manual hints at changing it green/amber, but I just can't seem to get it to go... I know I can make the buttons about 2000 different colors, but no luck with the display/backlight.

Thanks!

-Dave

trungthiendo
01-19-2005, 10:10 AM
no the display stays the same color, only the buttons turn different color

and its not 2000 colors only 512

dmaSTI
01-19-2005, 10:17 AM
Thanks trungthiendo

Yeah, I was using a bit o hyperbole with the number of colors on the buttons ;)

I fiddled with it a bit more, and I found that you can also change the backlighting to the controls, amber or green, but the display stays white/blue, which is too bad. Very very nice deck though, for certain.

-DMA

Vestax
01-19-2005, 08:43 PM
The source button is the one that changes the outer buttons to amber and green which you probably figured out.

The fonts can be changed on the display as well.

The little kaleidoscope crap on the upper left hand corner can be changed to 4 different settings by pressing the display button.

And that's about it... :crap:

desertheat
01-19-2005, 09:32 PM
That little disco freak show ball in the corner is what killed the 9833 for me, that is why the new version did away with it :D

dmaSTI
01-20-2005, 08:47 AM
Heh... yeah, the first thing I did was learn how to turn off the junky little display on the left. On such a clean and conservative looking HU, the animated junk has no place. That's what killed the entire pioneer line for me.

Also, with a Subaru sti, things can happen fast, I don't want dancing meatballs calling my attention from the road.

One last gripe, I do wish I went with the 9835 for the display, the backlight screen looks terrible in the sunlight no matter what contrast level I pick.

ighettoboyi
01-21-2005, 09:45 PM
i'm gladt o know that cuz so is the 9830. i was afraid the 9831 and 9833 would have a better display in sunlight but i guess not! the 9835 isnt worth it imo though it hink you can get nice displays for mucho cheaper but that 7band parametric or however many it has must be nice