PDA

View Full Version : jvc 6x9s

profilepower
01-17-2005, 03:31 PM
ok..my jvcs say 120rms. but i got no 120rms amp...so i think ill put 150rms to it since the amp is rated at 14.4v... which itll be less power sometimes than 14.4v...
oh n when i bought my boss amps i called them n asked what thier amps are rated at. they said 12.9v
think this might be a problem?

Johnny Drama
01-17-2005, 03:34 PM
No, boss sells very overrated amps. You should have no problem if you set the gain correctly. I have 150rms on a pair of 90rms speakers right now. As long as the gain is set correctly you will have no problems.

profilepower
01-18-2005, 09:19 AM
i dont understand why jvc didnt showcase these bronze speakers more....they woulda made jvc a top car audio giant.
especially thoses 5 1/4 speakers....
also i took a look at some amps i have. Sherwood xat-3000
and jensen both ka4040/lxa600, n boss both rev535/rev635.

JimJ
01-18-2005, 02:13 PM
I bet that's because Boston, Alpine, et al. were already there :)

profilepower
01-19-2005, 09:57 PM
ok.......i was sitting in my car listening to my jvc thinking how'd i get so good at choosing equipment..i sometimes amaze myselfffff.....
i have 5 other speakers besides those jvc 5 1/4..i'm not taken nothing lose...
id..you turn any headunit up all the way youll get aound 10% distortion...blow the speaker..now either you dum thinking you can do that are dum thinking i will do it....pick one......

Raven
01-19-2005, 10:08 PM
It's called luck. I had it too, I just picked them because the price was right. =p
You're stepping up in the world. Learn by experience.

Humor me for a second: Detach all your speaker except those JVCs. Drop the gains on your amp to nothing, and crank your HU's volume for all it's worth. I couldn't tell you why, but this worked wonders for the SQ coming out of my Sonys.

profilepower
01-23-2005, 11:56 AM
Sherwood america.com
am i the only one that thinks Sherwood has made the best amps made in the last 22yrs???????
am i the only one that thinks people ride-n around with half thier speakers hooked up is getto?????lol
just the fronts....lmao
am i the only 1 thinks subs in the trunk is dum?? lol
muffled bass..i like my bass clear

Zombietime
01-25-2005, 03:44 PM
Sherwood america.com
am i the only one that thinks Sherwood has made the best amps made in the last 22yrs???????
am i the only one that thinks people ride-n around with half thier speakers hooked up is getto?????lol
just the fronts....lmao

lol what a tard. are you the forum mascot because as much as people dislike you, they seem to love you at the same time. :crazy:

johnecon2001
01-25-2005, 04:59 PM
...am i the only one that thinks Sherwood has made the best amps made in the last 22yrs???????
Yes, you are.

just the fronts....lmao
No it's not. If you know how to properly stage the front components you will have a perfect woundstage without need for rear fill.

Dude, you can make one 8" woofer sound better than some tens out there. With two woofers things get more complicated and TRAINED PROFESSIONALS (clearly not yourself) can make them sound sweet, but your average consumer (you) can not.

hope that helps!

req
01-25-2005, 05:05 PM
you are a complete tard. you sound as if you are TEN years-old.

*LEARN TO FORM COMPLETE SENTENCES*

id like to lick the men for erotic pleasure....dirty thoughts

JimJ
01-25-2005, 05:13 PM
With two woofers things get more complicated and TRAINED PROFESSIONALS (clearly not yourself)...

wish I was a professional...need the money now :)

profilepower
01-26-2005, 05:37 PM
hey....if you wanna talk about ''cerwinvega/polk/kicker/jvc full range speakers or boss/profile/sherwood/jensen/lanzer amps.
[email protected] no rf/jl/re please
---------------ok
i've been thinking about all you kids.i've decided .i'm one of the few that choose his own equipment.most of you just went with the popular choices......or
with what some1 told you to choose....

iceteebone
01-26-2005, 05:48 PM
hey....if you wanna talk about ''cerwinvega/polk/kicker/jvc full range speakers or boss/profile/sherwood/jensen/lanzer amps.
[email protected]..no rf/jl/re please

don't anyone e-mail him unless you got a lot of nasty junk to send him because he doesn't know anything. he can't even type his e-mail address correctly.

UndercoverPunk
01-26-2005, 06:10 PM
Sherwood america.com
just the fronts....lmao

Yes, you are the only one of your kind.

profilepower
01-28-2005, 04:39 PM
the more i look at these jvc speakers the more i see they are great made speakers.....these 6x9s are actualy more of a mid bass speaker since the high end doesnt go to 20hz.. I was thinkin if you going with just full range speakers you want your rear speakers not to go as high as 20hz..are itll be more of a tweeter than a speaker for bass....
my address changed colors on its own. i guess it included everything near a period in my address..i dont know.....

JimJ
01-28-2005, 04:51 PM
*sigh*

:(

Raven
01-28-2005, 08:02 PM
Sad enough, he never even tried my advice on the dropped gain. Today I was playing with the amp settings on my rainbows. I tinkered with the comp amp gain, sub amp gain, and sub crossover frequency. Holy hell, 3 knobs are all it takes to make or break a setup.